Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 06:19 PM

11 posts, read 16,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
You absolutely are moving to a great area. You may not need to actually drive to the Mineral Station, if you do not choose. Living near Ken Caryl and Webster puts you in a new Call-n-Ride which will pick up/return to your house and will take you to the Mineral and Littleton Stations or any destination within the service area.

http://www.rtd-denver.com/PDF_Files/..._callnRide.pdf

It is a little confusing to understand Call-n-Ride services but it will pick up at any time in the service area and will go to the Mineral Station at any time by reservations. In addition, it will make regular route stops to the Mineral Station and other locations and will return you home without a reservation from the regular route stops, such as the rail stations.

You can use it to go to the extensive shopping, including the Southwest Mall in the Service Area. The fare will count as a transfer credit to the rail.

Here is the main page of all the Call-n-Ride services
RTD

I have just reviewed the the new services that will go in place, when the new West Rail Line opened, in May 2013. There will be many more Call-n-Rides that will be put into operations. Call-n-Rides are a great addition to public transit because it allows more flexibility, with frequent small buses, and service to and from your home. They always serve a central transit location where many more buses and/or rail meet, so you easily continue your trip.

Livecontent
I always thought Call-n-Rides were only for disabled and elderly people. Thanks for the information. Also, are there are lot of guards in the morning at Mineral? I go to a Denver school so the only bus pass I can get is the pass for AB zones. The one for ABC is too expensive. If there aren't a lot of guards nor do the guards care if I have a C zone pass, then I won't bother buying one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 06:38 PM

431 posts, read 1,241,121 times
I'd say they checked my pass on the train to/from Littleton about once or twice a week riding everyday to work.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:25 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,397,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmTheDoctor View Post
I always thought Call-n-Rides were only for disabled and elderly people. Thanks for the information. Also, are there are lot of guards in the morning at Mineral? I go to a Denver school so the only bus pass I can get is the pass for AB zones. The one for ABC is too expensive. If there aren't a lot of guards nor do the guards care if I have a C zone pass, then I won't bother buying one.
The bus for the disabled, who cannot ambulate to a bus or have other severe disabilities, is the Access-a-Ride which requires a personal disability evaluation in person by a subcontractor. It has much more extensive service than the Call-n-Ride because it covers the full RTD area. It also cost the disabled much more, as it is double the fare of local, express, or regional--depending on the trip. The Call-n-Ride fare is a local fare.

Seniors and the Disabled can get another discount pass but does not qualify for Access-a-Ride.
Actually as a student, you are qualified for this discount pass:

"Discount fares apply to all seniors 65+, individuals with disabilities, Medicare recipients, and students in elementary, middle and high school, ages 6-19..." It cuts your cost by half.

I have never heard or seen what you mean by a "pass for AB zones" which would be essentially an Express Pass--a much more valued discount. What is so special about you or your school, that you get more than other students? In any event, any pass you have will apply as a credit transfer. If that does not suite you, then take another bus or connect to a station where you can ride free.

I do not like your dishonesty of avoiding paying a fare. You are already getting some of the fare paid with your school discount card or whatever pass you say you possess. It is "expensive" for you? So what? Give up some of the non-essentials pricey amusements in your life and concentrate on that which is necessary and essential, like all of us have done through our lives. I have no sympathy for your attitude.

Yes, there are many inspectors and they will catch you!

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 05-02-2012 at 10:48 PM..

Old 05-03-2012, 06:12 AM

11 posts, read 16,927 times
RTD's light rail zones are divided into A,B, and C zones. AB zones are included in the local pass, which is $40, but I can get it for $30. A pass that goes through all 3 zones is express. A discount for the express pass would still be $70. I don't know what non-essential amusements you're talking about. I haven't bought anything that I don't need in two years. I only buy clothes once a year, when they go on sale. I've stopped subscribing to magazines. When we move there, my mom will have to work a lot more just to pay for insurance, HOA fees, basic internet, food. She's a tutor and she's going to school at the same time. We will have just enough money each month to live. You can not like it if you want to, but I'd rather pay as little as possible. I don't have the money to afford that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver