U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 08:56 PM

6 posts, read 9,134 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I am moving in to Denver in a few weeks. My work is right in Downtown and I wish to commute to/from work by Light rail as my office is conveniently close to 18th and california light rail station.
Pls suggest studio type apts close to light rail stations as I wish to heavily rely on train for my commute.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 09:03 PM

103 posts, read 249,818 times
you didn't indicate what your budget is or where you prefer to live, however, there are some new apartments near Aspen Grove at the Mineral light rail stop and also some near downtown Littleton called Alexan. Don't know if they have studios or the price. Commute downtown is about 30 minutes from the Mineral stop.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:04 PM

14,020 posts, read 20,330,583 times
Default ¿Quanto Dinero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundarshivram View Post
suggest studio type apts close to light rail stations as I wish to heavily rely on train for my commute.
How much do you want to spend?
The rental market in Denver is very tight.
What other attributes in a place are important to you?

Old 04-29-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitylove View Post
you didn't indicate what your budget is or where you prefer to live, however, there are some new apartments near Aspen Grove at the Mineral light rail stop and also some near downtown Littleton called Alexan. Don't know if they have studios or the price. Commute downtown is about 30 minutes from the Mineral stop.

Thanks for your reply. My budget is <600$/ month. My preference is basically the time I take to commute to downtown should be less than 45 minutes from where i stay through light rail. Just like the Mineral stop you mentioned.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
How much do you want to spend?
The rental market in Denver is very tight.
What other attributes in a place are important to you?
Thanks for the reply. My budget is <600$/month. In terms of place I wish a decent community with quick access to light rail. I want my journey time to Downtown to be less than 45 mins through lightrail. thanks.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:37 AM

14,920 posts, read 11,161,316 times
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. My budget is <600$/month. In terms of place I wish a decent community with quick access to light rail. I want my journey time to Downtown to be less than 45 mins through lightrail. thanks.
You can make it downtown on the lightrail in under 45 minutes from any stop in the system.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:38 AM

5,608 posts, read 20,712,630 times
Quote:
Thanks for your reply. My budget is <600$/ month. My preference is basically the time I take to commute to downtown should be less than 45 minutes from where i stay through light rail. Just like the Mineral stop you mentioned.
That's extremely low for Denver. You might not find anything for that low that's within walking distance from a light rail, and if you do, you're looking at the bottom of the barrel. There are a few apartments that are within a mile or so walk of the 9 mile station in Aurora (at Parker Rd & I-225), such as Kennedy Ridge (technically in the Denver city limits) that may have <$600 rents. Wouldn't recommend the place though. North Aurora may have more options (look for apartments within walking distances of the park and rides along the various exits of I-225), but you'd have to take the bus, not train.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:40 AM

14,020 posts, read 20,330,583 times
You need to combine
RTD
and
padmapper.com
and
you are good to go.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:21 PM

5,090 posts, read 13,543,532 times
As a heavy public transit user, I would not necessarily assume that rail is the best option or the only option. Central Denver is the hub with the spokes being many buses and rail come into the City. There are many express, regional, limited and local buses that can get you to downtown quickly. many of these bus routes have frequencies and times of services that is equivalent to the rail and sometimes better. Also, it depends if you are just a 9-5 worker or need to be at work on different shifts. Considering your low budget for rental, you would be better served to find an area that is also well served by buses to downtown.

You have not indicated if you prefer urban or suburban or the type of living lifestyle that you are seeking. You can also broaded your choices by living in Central Denver or closeby, for example. the Baker neighborhood, along Broadway, and have excellent bus as well as rail to Downtown. In addition, from some areas you can even walk or bike to work.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 04-29-2012 at 09:34 PM..

Old 04-30-2012, 01:12 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,717,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
That's extremely low for Denver. You might not find anything for that low that's within walking distance from a light rail, and if you do, you're looking at the bottom of the barrel. There are a few apartments that are within a mile or so walk of the 9 mile station in Aurora (at Parker Rd & I-225), such as Kennedy Ridge (technically in the Denver city limits) that may have <$600 rents. Wouldn't recommend the place though. North Aurora may have more options (look for apartments within walking distances of the park and rides along the various exits of I-225), but you'd have to take the bus, not train.
Agreed. <$600 / month in rent won't get you too far in Denver. You might consider someplace along a major bus route which might give you a little more flexibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver