U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 08:54 PM

13,949 posts, read 20,201,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co_guy_94 View Post
Go to Z Cuisine in the highlands and get the absinthe drip. Great vibe and small, unknown place.
I was going to suggest Z Cuisine, but then I am biased as I think that Patrick is a great chef.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2012, 05:10 AM

303 posts, read 508,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
"Jazz at Jack's"

What are you doing out in Denver? Moving servers into or out of your data center?
Nah, my company's got a big convention that week and I offered to get their networking infrastructure up and going. Benevolence? Eh, I just wanted to go to Colorado on someone else's dime.

Great suggestions guys, I've put all these restaurants on my list. Gonna make a game of it, see how many of them I can visit in 7 days. =)

Old 05-07-2012, 09:52 PM

1,536 posts, read 5,510,643 times
You can walk just south past Colfax (15th Ave) to the Golden Triangle neighborhood, eat at Cuba Cuba and check out two new museums - the Clyfford Still (friend of Jackson Pollock) or the just opened Colorado History Museum. Both next to the Denver Art Museum, which is open late on Fridays! Mad Greens next to the entry to the DAM has wonderful salads. For real Mexican, I like Taqueria Patzquaro 32nd and Navajo in the Highlands, but locals like Benny's (7th and Grant) or Las Delicious at 19th and Pennsylvania. Walking Capitol Hill is fun because of all the historic Victorian homes and mansions. The Uptown neighborhood has some of the recommended places like Stueben's. My favorite restaurants are TAG in Larimer Square (very close to you at the Convention center) as well as ChoLon, the new Asian inspired but with a major twist. Both are pricey.

Old 05-07-2012, 09:55 PM

2,181 posts, read 5,615,348 times
+1 for ChoLon. It's a bit pricey, as DenverAztec mentioned, but worth it.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:00 PM

5,608 posts, read 20,672,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverAztec View Post
I like Taqueria Patzquaro 32nd and Navajo in the Highlands
I thought it was at 32nd & Clay?

Old 05-07-2012, 10:07 PM

1,536 posts, read 5,510,643 times
Hey Vegas! You could be right about that! It faces 32nd in mid block and could be between the two! It exact address is 2616 West 32nd Avenue.

I do love LoHi steakhouse, not for the steaks, but for the scallop salad! Linger's food if another that should not be missed!!!! You can get to the Highlands via a short shuttle ride and then walk through Common Park, then over the Millenium bridge and I-25 pedestrian bridge. Lots to see on this walk as it is very vibrant with people. If you don't want to venture too far, at the base of the Millenium bridge is Zengo for wonderful tapas and just around the corner is Denver's Museum of Contemporary Art! And just beyond that is a Six Flags to mix up all that you just chowed down!

Old 05-08-2012, 06:54 AM

4,743 posts, read 3,718,692 times
I would +1 Biker Jim's restaurant. That place was ALMOST as good as Hot Dough in Chicago (same deal, except Dough has no qualms about foi gra on his hotdogs. Jim seems to have an aversion).

I also loved Jim's home brewed soda with free refills (I believe).

-- I would agree on Pizza, Yelp has never led me so wrong as a Pizza place in Denver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or