Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2012, 02:19 PM

2 posts, read 2,453 times

Advertisements

Im a 26 year old single female considering a relocation to Denver and need some direction in finding a good neighborhood. I currently live in Mammoth Lakes, CA which is a small resort town tucked away in the high Sierra.

I'm looking for a quiet neighborhood suitable for an outdoor cat and a dog that's used to roaming leash-free. Ideally, a neighborhood with lots of trees, grass and nearby parks. A neighborhood with more homes and converted apartments as opposed to high rises. I love old, historic charm but open to new builds as long as it's neighborhoody and not commercial looking.

I'm also recently single and have been away from city amenities for far too long. I love rock climbing, hiking, coffee shops, dive bars, and indie rock. A neighborhood with young people of similar interests would be great.

Lastly, my roommate goes to the Art Institute in Denver, so she'd need fairly easy access to get there. She does have a car, but as I've only briefly visited Denver in the past, I have no idea how traffic and public transportation works.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Jill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 02:58 PM

17,705 posts, read 29,796,003 times
Default Two question, one comment

How much do you want to spend?
How close (in miles/minutes) do you want to be to the school?

Quote:
a dog that's used to roaming leash-free
is going to be difficult. Most cities have strict lease laws.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:57 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times
City Park area, there is a dog park there. Congress and Cheesman Park are close-by as well. Historic , with lot's of old apartment converts, close to the city and young.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:02 PM

2 posts, read 2,453 times
Of course, I understand that she'll have to be on a leash in any neighborhood. I'm looking for a place that I can run her along a bike path or any large park in general. I don't think she would even know how to do her business on pavement, we both will need a bit of country while living in the city.

I think we can spend up to $1400 for a 2br place. No ghettos, and we both have cars.

Thank you Moch50, I will check out those neighborhoods!

Old 05-12-2012, 11:15 AM

Default Berkeley

Berkeley Park has a dog park.
I love Berkeley, but I am biased as I purchased a duplex here 10 months ago.

Old 05-12-2012, 12:04 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,397,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runtherisks View Post
...I'm looking for a place that I can run her along a bike path or any large park in general...
You have to be satisfied with an established dog park or a off leash delimited area. We have reasonable dog leash restrictions in the metro area for the protection of other people, their pets and domestic animals; and the protection, safety and comfort of our extensive wildlife that live alongside us, in the open space and park areas.

Livecontent

Old 05-12-2012, 12:19 PM

65 posts, read 99,855 times
Move to Corana ST near Washington Park. It is paradise.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:00 PM

Default I would agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtownKeith View Post
Move to Corana ST near Washington Park. It is paradise.
I would agree (as a former resident of Bonnie Brae) except for one minor problem.
Padmapper shows ZERO 2 bedrooms under $1500 anywhere near Wash Park.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:01 PM

65 posts, read 99,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I would agree (as a former resident of Bonnie Brae) except for one minor problem.
Padmapper shows ZERO 2 bedrooms under $1500 anywhere near Wash Park.

Im near Ogden ST and Corona and pay 650 a month there are 2 bedrooms in this complex for under 1500 Im sure.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:38 PM

473 posts, read 848,751 times
I wouldn't let your dog run free on the trails. Way to many cyclists/runners and peds.

Cheesman Park has an area on the north side where folks meet up in the evenings and let their dogs run and play. Cheesman and Wash Park are big enough that no one is bothered but the dog group hanging out with their well behaved animals.

There is a small dog park at Colfax and Josephine, but it's sand, behind a gas station and a bit dirty IMO.

I go to Cheesman often with my dog. Just be warned you can get an $80 ticket if nabbed, (of course happens more in good weather with lots of people, so simple odds.) But I've been going for years and they're all good people and pooches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: