Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:18 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times

Advertisements

I'd love some info on Highlands Ranch, What is the best neighborhood? Is there locally "understood" knowledge that one part is better than another? East, West, South, North? Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 11:46 AM

616 posts, read 3,004,130 times
There really is not a good part of HR and a bad part. HR is only about 26 years old and is a large master planned community. You will find a mixture of housing prices in each of the ridges (North, South, East and West), plus parks, shopping, rec centers (4 of them), churches, walking trails, open space, schools, etc.

There is a big thread here on Highlands Ranch. You can do a search for it. You can also find info at the HR websites, Highlands Ranch.org and Highlands Ranch Colorado | Welcome to Highlands Ranch

Old 09-19-2007, 11:51 AM

Here's the thread that I mentioned. Highlands Ranch Information

Old 09-19-2007, 12:48 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,420,440 times
We had one poster lived in Westridge and recently sold her house and move east, I think.

Another lives in Eastridge. I live in Southridge, and have a rental property in Northridge.

The only things "new" to HR is the soon to be opened Staples and the Sunflower market on County Line....The Clock-tower residences, Back-country, Tresana, The Hearth all have new construction available...Flying B Ranch was turned into a retirement community Wind Song by Erickson...now they are planning what to do with the park south of County Line &west of Lucent...I hear they are paving the entry road off of Lucent soon.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:59 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
I've lived in Westridge for about 4 months now and really like it. When house hunting we saw many of the same floor plans on different sides of HR. All different types of housing are interspersed, so there is no good or bad side. We narrowed it down to Westridge mostly because it is closer to my husbands job. It is closer to work but farther from the I25/470 shopping area.

Old 09-19-2007, 02:55 PM

226 posts, read 1,219,467 times
probably the western part of highlands ranch (just west/southwest of lucent). there is much less traffic on lucent than broadway or university. it is also closer to the mountains and to the trails along the platte river and chatfield reservoir area. close proximity to the light rail at mineral station. the town center and highlands ranch library are just down the street. the rec center, too.

if you need to go to the mall, just hop on c-470. it's a straight shot.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:39 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Thank you all for your helpful advice, I figured that it is a nice area all around but just wanted a "local" point of view. Thanks again!!!

Lori

Old 09-20-2007, 08:41 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
How are the schools? We are having a awful time with our son in school where we are , with gang jumping and the kids he is hanging out with. We never had this probelm before and dont know if it is the school and area.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
How are the schools? We are having a awful time with our son in school where we are , with gang jumping and the kids he is hanging out with. We never had this probelm before and dont know if it is the school and area.
HR is serviced by Douglas County schools, which are overall excellent.

As far as hanging with the wrong crowd, that can happen at any school, unfortunately. A change of schools may help, but it may not. Though, you don't hear of gang problems in HR. Drugs can be a problem (with some spoiled kids with too much time and money on their hands), but I haven't heard it to be a big problem.

Old 09-20-2007, 09:21 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpraceman View Post
HR is serviced by Douglas County schools, which are overall excellent.

As far as hanging with the wrong crowd, that can happen at any school, unfortunately. A change of schools may help, but it may not. Though, you don't hear of gang problems in HR. Drugs can be a problem (with some spoiled kids with too much time and money on their hands), but I haven't heard it to be a big problem.
I know I have a rough decision to make. It seems alot of these kids at this school are into something they shouldnt, more so than other schools we had been to. He is having problems with the hispanic gangs ( or want to be gangs) which is a large portion of the school. We were in Chandler AZ and didnt have these issues, which makes me think it is more the area we chose. He goes to Thornton High, as will my other son and daughter in a year or so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver