U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2012, 08:55 PM

124 posts, read 226,407 times

Advertisements

Has anyone ever stayed at or drove by these hotel in Thornton, Denver or Aurora? If so are they pretty decent? That's where me and my 15 year plan on staying when we relocate until we can find a place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 12:14 AM

5,070 posts, read 9,064,436 times
Lower end of the category, just keep your expectations low. I think they are so low on the price/quality scale it lowers the quality of people staying in the building with you. Amenities and public spaces are pretty poor, but the roms work so it can hold you over.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:02 AM

437 posts, read 698,719 times
TripAdvisor is your friend. Crossland in Thornton gets horrible reviews. Aurora and Denver not much better.

The Ramada Hotel & Suites in Englewood might be in your price range, but might be geographically too far south for you. Ramadas can sometimes be hidden values, because their brand is pretty much off the radar, but they do have at least some brand standards.

The LaQuinta brand is also in this range - the one in Aurora gets good reviews and you may be able to negotiate rates by calling the hotel.

Another advantage of going with a branded hotel like Ramada or LaQuinta is that you can join their frequent stay program, and with the number of nights you are staying, you'll accumulate points for several free nights for a future vacation or other uses.

Candlewood Suites is part of Intercontinental (Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express) - if you can afford them, the points you accumulate there could be used at a huge number of hotels worldwide. The Candlewood in the Tech Center gets at least reasonable reviews.

You have to make the decision about which is most important to you - price or perception of cleanliness and safety. The problem with most of the cheapest extended stay places is that, well, they're cheap, thereby attracting a huge amount of riff-raff.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:40 PM

124 posts, read 226,407 times
Oh great insight thanks. I was wondering because they are so cheap and affordable and of course the pictures look good online but I figure they probably don't look the same in person.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:29 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,845,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
TripAdvisor is your friend. Crossland in Thornton gets horrible reviews.
"They don't even provide shampoo, just a horrible bar of cheap hotel soap. They make a big deal about the kitchenette, but who really needs electric burners and pots and pans in their dinky hotel room... There's a coffee-maker, but no creamer or sugar... No hairdryer. No nothing."

Why is it that people stay in a cheap crap hotel, and then expect it to have all the amenities of a first class hotel? DOH, you get what you pay for. Pay an extra $100 a night for a room and they throw in a a nicer bar of soap, a little 25-cent bottle of shampoo/conditioner and all the little 1-cent packs of creamer or sugar, you want. With the money I could save one night, I could buy a years supply of all of these things, and a hairdryer.

That said, that particular hotel does sound pretty nasty. I'd probably avoid it, unless I was really desperate.

Old 06-13-2012, 12:05 AM

4 posts, read 4,077 times
I worked for a sister property of this corporation. Stay away from Extended Stay hotels, crosslands, homesteads, extended stay america, etc. They ultimately lure in undesirable clientel. You get what you pay for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver