Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 01:20 PM

371 posts, read 1,211,313 times

Advertisements

Is this is a good complex? I did a search but the latest post was from 2008 and I wanted updated information. Stapleton seems like a good area but this is literally the only complex that is within my price range, and I see it's sort of on the "edge" of the stapleton area with the area directly south of it being a "bad" neighborhood from what I've read. The price seems great and the complex offers many amenities that I don't have access to now. It's also by far the closest to work out of everything I've looked at. I'm not looking for anything fancy but clean and safe is a must. I don't feel unsafe walking around at night where I live now and have never had a problem with mice/roaches or anything like that even though my complex isn't that nice. I want to make sure my new place offers the same security! There are some top floor units available so I'm thinking that will cut down on some of the noise too. I'm going to be in the area getting some things in order for my new job next week and thought I might schedule a tour. I'll only have time to go to a couple of different places so I want to make sure I'm using my time wisely! Some of the reviews are pretty iffy, but I know to take those with a grain of salt- and it seems to be that way with every place I look at. I thought maybe locals would have a more unbiased perspective. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2012, 02:51 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,882,881 times
If you have a good commute from Stapleton then its probably a decent choice. Its a pretty crappy commute for most people. I looked at that place a year ago and the units looked small to me. Leasing agent tried to turn it into avirtue tying into the whole less is more mantra some at Stapleton sing. You are right about the neighborhood though, you probably wont feel too safe heading south or west of there at night on foot.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:23 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,228,875 times
I lived there a few years ago. I would never move back. The staff was rude and unhelpful, the building was a pain to get into and out of, and the apartments are very small for the price. There are much better apartment options in Lowry, just a couple miles to the south. Just my $.02.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
I lived there a few years ago. I would never move back. The staff was rude and unhelpful, the building was a pain to get into and out of, and the apartments are very small for the price. There are much better apartment options in Lowry, just a couple miles to the south. Just my $.02.
Is there anything specific you would recommend? I did look in that general area but didn't seem to find anything promising. It seems it's hard to find something that's in my price range and also not section 8. I can't afford more than 900 for rent, with one pet and parking costs included (if there is a separate charge). I'm also looking for somewhere that includes a washer/dryer in the unit (sounds dumb, but I HATE having to use the quarter machines at my current complex), assigned parking (hopefully covered) and preferably with a pool and gym. I'd been looking at the Berkshires at Lowry but there were many, many negative reviews- many people saying the exact same thing which leads me to believe they are real problems and not just someone with an ax to grind. I also gathered from reading posts on here that there was a lot less to do in Lowry.

The commute from the Aeroflats to my work is 12 minutes according to mapquest. I figure double that for traffic and I'm still around 20. I just typed in the Berkshires as a point of reference and it gave me 19 minutes, much more with traffic I assume...if I could find something that was just fabulous I'd take the longer commute, but it would have to be a much better deal than what I'd get in Stapleton.

I currently pay 840 a month for a 600 sq. ft. apartment. The size honestly doesn't bother me, but of course if I found something bigger for the same price that would be great. Other amenities are more important to me than the size of the apartment though. My current place does include parking in the price, which is about the only "perk." No pool, no gym, no washer/dryer.

Old 05-16-2012, 04:36 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,228,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison21 View Post
Is there anything specific you would recommend? I did look in that general area but didn't seem to find anything promising. It seems it's hard to find something that's in my price range and also not section 8. I can't afford more than 900 for rent, with one pet and parking costs included (if there is a separate charge). I'm also looking for somewhere that includes a washer/dryer in the unit (sounds dumb, but I HATE having to use the quarter machines at my current complex), assigned parking (hopefully covered) and preferably with a pool and gym. I'd been looking at the Berkshires at Lowry but there were many, many negative reviews- many people saying the exact same thing which leads me to believe they are real problems and not just someone with an ax to grind. I also gathered from reading posts on here that there was a lot less to do in Lowry.

The commute from the Aeroflats to my work is 12 minutes according to mapquest. I figure double that for traffic and I'm still around 20. I just typed in the Berkshires as a point of reference and it gave me 19 minutes, much more with traffic I assume...if I could find something that was just fabulous I'd take the longer commute, but it would have to be a much better deal than what I'd get in Stapleton.

I currently pay 840 a month for a 600 sq. ft. apartment. The size honestly doesn't bother me, but of course if I found something bigger for the same price that would be great. Other amenities are more important to me than the size of the apartment though. My current place does include parking in the price, which is about the only "perk." No pool, no gym, no washer/dryer.
Unfortunately, I'm not extremely familiar with the apartment complexes in Lowry. I have friends who have lived in that area and I know that there are several nice places, but I can't provide any specific recommendations. I just really hated my experience at Aero Flats and the apartment complexes in Lowry that I've been in always felt warmer to me.

I don't know if you're open to it, but I would also suggest looking at private condos and apartment rentals in the City Park area. City Park is about 5 minutes west of Stapleton toward downtown but there are many, many apartments. I live near City Park and love the area. It's very safe and walkable. For $900 or less a month, you could easily find a nice apartment. Lots of aparments come with private parking spots. You'll have a more difficult time finding buildings with in-unit laundry and pool/gym facilities but it can certainly be done. My suggestion is to check craigslist and see what's available. You can just type the name of the neighborhood into the search engine.

Even if City Park doesn't sound appealing, I would check to see if there are private landlords renting condos in the Stapleton and Lowry areas. I've had personally had much better luck renting from private landlords than from huge, corporate owned apartment complexes.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:14 PM

So I went down a couple of days ago to set some things up with the new job and I drove around to check out some neighborhoods while I was there. I can't believe what this place looked like in person! Absolutely nothing like the pictures online...I know they can always make things look better online, but seriously, I have no idea what they actually took a picture of for their website but it certainly wasn't this place. It's probably the ugliest complex I've ever seen! Loved the price and the location...but seriously, could not bring myself to even look there anymore. Most other places I drove around looked fairly decent (from the outside).

Craiglist doesn't currently have anything (within my budget) listed for Lowry or Stapleton. I think I am basically priced out of both of those areas. I really thought Denver would be much cheaper than Vail, but from what I'm seeing it's not really the case! I'm now looking in areas like Thorton or Westminster...It looks like I'll still end up paying at least 100 more a month than I do now but at least the neighborhoods look safe and the complexes look fairly nice.

I just thought I'd update in case anyone else was looking at Aeroflats and came across this thread- I figured I would save them the trouble!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver