U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 07:53 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,845,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I doubt anyone in Colorado has ever heard of it.

"Blue Bell sells its ice cream directly in only 20 states, mostly in the Southern United States, although Blue Bell ice cream has also been eaten aboard the International Space Station and at Camp David. Notwithstanding its small market penetration, Blue Bell is the third-best selling ice cream in the United States as a whole."

Blue Bell Creameries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sorry disregard this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 08:52 PM

5,090 posts, read 13,514,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
I doubt anyone in Colorado has ever heard of it.

"Blue Bell sells its ice cream directly in only 20 states, mostly in the Southern United States, although Blue Bell ice cream has also been eaten aboard the International Space Station and at Camp David. Notwithstanding its small market penetration, Blue Bell is the third-best selling ice cream in the United States as a whole."

Blue Bell Creameries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Another deficient answer from this person who does not live here, and has not lived here for years. Why do you bother posting comment that you can have no possible answer to the subject. So, we can all know that you can look up Blue Bell on the web? ooooh, wow, he is so smart.

The answer is that Blue Bell introduced their ice creams to the Front Range, in March 2011, with a big promotion, coupons and ads were everywhere. Here is an article about that Introduction:

The taste of Blue Bell is coming to Colorado Springs | blue, bell, soon - Colorado Springs Gazette, CO

I remember all this because I LIVE HERE and got some free ice cream.

My personal opinion is that this ice cream is nothing special in flavor but it has been able to establish a following with a Texas tradition. It still sells their ice cream in half gallon containers vs. the now current smaller sizes.

Livecontent

Old 05-17-2012, 08:58 PM

20,845 posts, read 39,064,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
Does Colorado/Denver carry Blue Bell ice cream?
We get it here in COLO SPGS. Decent stuff. I actually like Kroger's store brand better....double vanilla....cookies and cream....yummm.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:30 PM

2,181 posts, read 5,616,310 times
Yes, I've seen Blue Bell ice cream here.

Sort of off-topic: When I visited Mount Rushmore last summer, I stopped in at an ice cream shop that served Land O Lakes ice cream. I had no idea Land O Lakes even made ice cream. It was excellent.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:41 PM

76 posts, read 208,234 times
[quote=livecontent;24352304]Another deficient answer from this person who does not live here, and has not lived here for years. Why do you bother posting comment that you can have no possible answer to the subject. So, we can all know that you can look up Blue Bell on the web? ooooh, wow, he is so smart.

The poster apologized, acknowledging they were incorrect...yet you have to make a spectacle of the poster and puff your chest in all your almighty knowledge, disappointing!

Old 05-18-2012, 10:00 AM

2,307 posts, read 5,867,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
My personal opinion is that this ice cream is nothing special in flavor but it has been able to establish a following with a Texas tradition. It still sells their ice cream in half gallon containers vs. the now current smaller sizes.

Livecontent
Yep, from Texas. Blue Bell is what I've grown up with and I prefer it over most ice creams like Ben and Jerrys for example. HEB (not sure if you have these grocery stores or not) carries a really decent ice cream as well called Creamy Creations (I believe). I've never tried the Kroger brand ice cream.

Blue Bell mainly sells half gallons, but they also sell a lot of their flavors in the smaller containers as well.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:07 AM

2,019 posts, read 4,324,022 times
No HEBs here, only in TX. My family has been in TX for a while and I have always enjoyed Blue Bell ice cream. They have so many delicious flavors. I was happy when they started selling it here last year

Old 05-18-2012, 04:00 PM

16 posts, read 20,507 times
I grew up on Blue Bell in Texas, and yes, they sell it here. I buy it at Walmart and Target. Outback Steakhouse also serves Blue Bell exclusively in terms of ice cream in all of their restaurants (just a bit of Blue Bell trivia, lol).

Old 05-18-2012, 05:30 PM

437 posts, read 698,719 times
I think Blue Bell's been available by the scoop at the Russell Stover store on Colorado Boulevard for years.

As for whether it's fantastic: Meh. There's only one flavor I find fantastic and that's Tin Roof Sundae...which apparently is only available once every seventh neap tide or something.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:22 PM

166 posts, read 368,500 times
I get Blue Bell at King Soopers in Fort Collins Yummy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or