U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2012, 11:18 AM

200 posts, read 373,505 times

Advertisements

My idea is to post all the best Neighborhood information websites and/or existing threads. I hope it makes it easier for people looking for their "best fit". I don't blame someone for describing themselves and having us make suggestions, but this could be a "sticky" thread compilation that all inmigrants should check out.

Available Rentals: http://www.padmapper.com/search/apar...ver/109564974/

[ moderator cut ]

More info on the City Center 'hoods:
DenverInfill.com - Center City Districts

[ moderator cut }

Last edited by Mike from back east; 05-18-2012 at 11:51 AM.. Reason: Links to competitor sites and to specific realtor sites not allowed, per the TOS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 09:04 PM

17 posts, read 21,481 times
I'm one of the "moving to Denver" people, there are many good threads in this forum, and LOTS of info, but most is based on someone's specific needs so is not easy finding what you are looking for, since everyone's needs vary.
If there was some sort of format in this thread, it would help much more than just compiling threads and links.
For example, it would be nice to break down the area into its counties, then the cities in each county and neighborhoods in each city.
Then info on each neighborhood such as housing price(rent, buy), amenities, schools, crime stats, commute distance and time to city center, etc......
I know its a lot of info, but it would be the only way for people not to start a "moving to Denver" thread every day.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:32 PM

86,981 posts, read 102,527,356 times
Well look at the threads here now. People want family neighborhoods, good schools, young adult neighborhoods, neighborhoods with night life, "empty nester" neighborhoods, apartments from $500 on up, houses in all price ranges, schools with arts progams, science programs, the list is endless. Plus everyone on this forum has their own opinion of things (that's why we post, we're opinionated). I think it would be a very time consuming job to compile all this info. Crime stats and the like are readily availble other places on the web. Commute distance and time to downtown is also readily available. Plus, not everyone works downtown, some people don't care a whit about dt.

Old 05-19-2012, 06:07 PM

5,608 posts, read 20,708,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin_in_Denver View Post
My idea is to post all the best Neighborhood information websites and/or existing threads. I hope it makes it easier for people looking for their "best fit". I don't blame someone for describing themselves and having us make suggestions, but this could be a "sticky" thread compilation that all inmigrants should check out.

Available Rentals: Denver Apartment for Rent - $1350 - 1350ft² - Charming Mayfair Duplex (Denver, Colorado) - PadMapper

[ moderator cut ]

More info on the City Center 'hoods:
DenverInfill.com - Center City Districts

[ moderator cut }
You have 29 posts. Some of the regulars on this form have thousands of posts (scary but true) and have been regularly contributing for over 5 years. We continue to do this because it's fun. If everything was answered with one thread, there would be no need for the forum to continue. I would spend some more time contributing here before showing up and declaring your thread to be the be all, end all of threads.

Old 05-20-2012, 02:42 PM

132 posts, read 285,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
If everything was answered with one thread, there would be no need for the forum to continue.
agreed.

and even if a thread is made, and a question asked that has been asked a million times before, you might still find something, somewhere in that thread that you didn't know before.

and personally, i like reading about people's relocation plans, etc. especially when they follow-up after they've moved.

Old 07-17-2012, 03:53 PM

1 posts, read 2,105 times
Lakeside Mall used to have a restaurant on the east side. It started out as a White Spot and then changed it's name.
Does anybody remember the name of it?
The people that owned it sold out and bought the Lariet on 38th ave which is now Sunrise Sunset.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:09 PM

Default sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
If everything was answered with one thread, there would be no need for the forum to continue. I would spend some more time contributing here before showing up and declaring your thread to be the be all, end all of threads.
Fair enough. My intent is more to have us "Denver Experts" craft a sticky "FAQ" thread that is brief as possible. New users could then post more specific questions. Many of the moving to Denver or thinking of moving to Denver threads are roughly the same basic question.

Granted, they quickly move off in much different directions, and all the diverse info and opinions are what make this forum great.

Example, the repeated question how do I find a rental is repeatedly answered with "CL or Padmapper". (It may be a different answer next year, but the sticky thread would get updates.)

Old 08-22-2012, 04:16 PM

Trying to keep the ball rolling here.

Here's another short summary of close in Denver neighborhoods: Denver Apartments with Paid Utilities
Neighborhoods further out just have that tradeoff of driving vs. walking. They are cheaper but the extra driving uses up the saved money, and wastes your time.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:12 PM

352 posts, read 590,721 times
I post on a lot of other forums. Every week some newbie will come on and ask the exact same question as some newbie did the week before. And some patient forum members will patiently answer their questions yet again. The next week it's the same all over. Other forum members (I'm guilty your honor) will say, jeeze, do a search or link them to the hundreds of other threads covering the exact same topics.

At which point the patient forum members will chastise me for being so mean then patiently answer the same questions that have been asked a thousand times before. And so it goes.

Old 08-22-2012, 10:53 PM

Rush,

I don't have as much patience as some, so reducing the frequency of the same old question was my intent here.

But now I'm really embarrassed because Mike's sticky thread already has summarized much of what's needed. I just was never patient enough to look through the whole thing before today.

So now my focus will be to craft a useful "standard answer", and to update any stale information in the threads that it references. Now I just have to avoid violating the TOS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or