Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 01:53 PM

34 posts, read 122,268 times

Advertisements

Looks like we may be relo'ing this winter. We've settled on either SE Aurora, Centennial or Parker. What do people see as advantages or disadvantages of either?

How are the parks and rec departments of each? I got the impression that Aurora's and Centennial's are somewhat fractured. Parker's seems like it is one stop shopping.

Are most recreation centers neighborhood based?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 02:02 PM

616 posts, read 3,004,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGG13 View Post
Are most recreation centers neighborhood based?
Some developments have their own clubhouse and pool, which you pay for in your HOA's. Parker has a rec center and I believe is building a second. You have to pay to join. I don't know of any rec centers in SE Aurora or Centennial.

In Highlands Ranch, we have access to all 4 of the rec centers here (they are different in many respects, so it is good that we can use all 4), which is included in our $118/quarter HOA's.

The areas with rec centers generally provide lots of activities and classes besides their facilities.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:28 PM

66 posts, read 409,090 times
Default SE Aurora zip codes?

I'm told SE Aurora is a nice area? Is there anyone here that can give me some zip codes for that area?

Old 09-14-2007, 10:48 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,301,938 times
There's two zip codes, basically. 80015 is the older (as in 15-25 years old), more established part of SE Aurora. 80015 is basically built out. 80016 is newer, where they are still building tons of new homes out along Quincy and the E-470/Smoky Hill Rd area. SE Aurora, especially the newer neighborhoods is a nice place if you want to live in a majority white, middle class community, where the focus is on churches and K-12 schools, where everything is brand new. If that's what you want, then SE Aurora is just as good as Highlands Ranch or any other new suburb. That's actually my problem with SE Aurora, it is TOO family friendly for me, and TOO boring. When I move back to Denver next year, I want some place more interesting and more 20's friendly. If you do have kids though, or really want to live in a brand new house, SE Aurora could be a great choice. There are some people on this forum who bash ALL of Aurora including SE Aurora. IMHO, those people are idiots, and plain and simple do not know what they are talking about. SE is miles and miles away from the "bad" parts of Aurora. Absolutely nothing special to worry about. Aurora is one of the largest suburbs in the nation-- there's bound to be good and bad parts.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:39 AM

48 posts, read 180,648 times
My post got deleted because I posted a link to someone else's web site that has a great zip code map of Denver that was free. Now I know!

I assume you have your zip codes for Aurora already but if anyone wants to know where to go to get a good, readable free zip code map of Denver, just send me a message.

Unfortunately most sites want to charge you for a map of zip codes and that seems so ridiculous to me.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:35 PM

4 posts, read 19,158 times
Default zip codes

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Girl View Post
I'm told SE Aurora is a nice area? Is there anyone here that can give me some zip codes for that area?
80015 or 80016 are the nicer areas. 80013 is also in SE Aurora.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:50 PM

10 posts, read 57,856 times
Default Southeast Aurora

Hello,

My husband and I just returned from a visit to the Denver area. We would like to move out there next March/ April. We loved Tallyns Reach and Beacon Pointe. We were not even planning on looking in Aurora after everything we read about it. Do homes in that area tend to appreciate more slowly then homes in other ares (we are also looking in Highlands Ranch and Parker)? What is the difference between Southshore and Beacon Pointe (I thought we went to Beacon Point but, we were driving on Southshore)? We have two pugs- how many dogs are allowed in Aurora? Do these areas have their own limits on the number of dogs an individual can own? Also, I read a post from someone on here saying to be prepared to pay high taxes in that area- what does that mean (higher sales tax, property etc?) How long is the commute into downtown Denver and the Tech Center from these neighborhoods?

I also just bought a mini cooper. It is front wheel drive. Does anyone have one and if so, how does it do in the snow? We are from MT and I am used to having a subaru in the snow and am a little nervous about having a front wheel drive.

Sorry for all of the questions. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Old 09-21-2007, 09:10 PM

42 posts, read 166,687 times
aphrodite, I just recentely spent a whole week in that area researching schools and driving around there. Taxes are not higher there same rate as any other place in Denver. When we drove from downtown 16th street at 5 pm only on freeways no toll way it took us 30 min Denver Tech it took us 20 min and that was in prime traffic hour. Not sure on the dogs or the mini cooper. As for the difference between Southshore and Beacon it's the housing style Southshore has the Cape Cod feel with being closer to the reservoir and Beacon has a lower association fee they also both have a diffrent rec center. Both are nice Southshore is affliated with the YMCA if you want classes avaible to you. Tallyns Reach was my favorite because of the Redwood Trees and the feel you get when you are there. I'm still wondering the same thing as for the appreciation verses HR or Parker so my gut feeling says that it may be the next upcoming area. The airport is really close using the toll way. We took the toll way for 4.00 and from Tallyn Reach it took us 20 min and we were in the terminal at DIA. Good Luck SE Aurora is a beautiful area and I'm looking forward to living there in the future.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:37 PM

291 posts, read 2,074,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aphrodite View Post
Do homes in that area tend to appreciate more slowly then homes in other ares
Yes, there is so much building space, prices will remain low as long as the builders can subsidize the terms.

Quote:
Also, I read a post from someone on here saying to be prepared to pay high taxes in that area- what does that mean
Aurora has lower property taxes than surrounding towns, but higher sales taxes. It's a wash.

Quote:
How long is the commute into downtown Denver and the Tech Center from these neighborhoods?
I live closer to both and my drive to Tech Cnter is 25-35 minutes, and downtown is never less than 45 minutes during rush hour.

Quote:
I also just bought a mini cooper. It is front wheel drive. Does anyone have one and if so, how does it do in the snow?
Lots of mini-coopers here. You do NOT need 4-wheel drive in an area where they plow the streets so quickly. Although, SE Aurora is slower than other parts of Aurora because it is growing so fast.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:38 PM

3 posts, read 20,029 times
If you're searching for new homes in the area, you should get copies of New Home Guide and New Home Source. These are printed magazines of builders and new home information that are very detailed. You can get the ones for the Denver area at many local grocery stores in the racks of free publications near the doors. You might be able to google thier websites and order printed copies too, and they may even have info right on the sites. I used them both when searching for a home myself. It makes it very easy to see every major building in any area, the prices, types of homes, each builder's website, etc. It saves a lot of time and helps make sure you don't miss options you didn't know about. Hope this helps!

Greg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver