Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 02:47 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,117,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I was pretty outraged by it, I'm surprised it's not a bigger deal in the media.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthy View Post
Me to. It's surprising to me how many people are seemingly ok with this.
I'm guessing (and hoping) that there's a lot more outrage than is being publicized right now.

If there's any sanity in our world, the Aurora policee department is doing damage control, figuring out how to make amends for its complete breach of proper procedures (whether the procedures are those the constitution guarantees, or those that just being human respects).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 03:12 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,281,722 times
Outrageous abuse of authority!

Old 06-11-2012, 05:59 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,320,068 times
I think the Aurora PD is going to find itself making some sizeable payments as a result of this. I'm not a fan of lawsuits, but beyond the civil rights violations, I think there could be some legitimate PTSD claims. If you're a law-abiding citizen and you find yourself being dragged from your car at gunpoint for no legitimate reason, you're no doubt going to be a bit traumatized. Cops aren't supposed to pull their guns for no reason - I'd have been freaking out. And I like to think that despite that there would have been no way in H-E-doublehockeysticks that I would have let them search the car, but I probably would have because I'd have been convinced they were insane and needed to be appeased.

The more I think about this, the more upset I get. If they felt the need to pull their guns, that basically means they were deliberately corralling the apparently armed suspect at a busy intersection and systematically immobilizing a group of people while they searched. What if the armed suspect had started a shootout? What would have happened to all those handcuffed innocent civilians? Let's say there were 25 adults at that intersection. They knew they were looking for ONE GUY. They pulled guns on 25 people knowing that all but one were innocent. It's just insane.

Sorry - I don't mean to be incoherent, but I just am having more and more trouble wrapping my mind around the thought processes that must have underlaid this action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver