Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 10:24 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,352,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan arellano View Post
Of course the number one thing you would change would be the food but what else? Or is it just the food that people hate about Casa Bonita.

On a side note who knew there were other Casa Bonita's out there.

Casa Bonita Closes Suddenly - FOX23 News
I'd burn it down and start over lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 04:09 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,795,254 times
Turn it into some kind of alternative/performance art club. Something like a contemporary version of 1990's NYC's club kid genre. The cliff divers could dress in drag and Black Barts cave could be some twisted Goth VIP room, the Genie in the well would be replaced with Fellni cuts and video of disturbing car crashes...oh and maybe some tacos, better tacos.

Last edited by Scott5280; 06-23-2012 at 04:43 AM..

Old 06-23-2012, 12:18 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,362,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdensbcs View Post
Going to Casa Bonita without taking children under age 10 with you is like going to Disneyland without taking children under 10 with you. Just a bad decision. Not the fault of Disneyland/Casa Bonita. Ever tried the food at Disneyland? Goodness gracious its bad. Casa Bonita bad. They understand you're not there for the food so why bother making it better than barely edible? It's a theme park. Entertainment for children. Complaining about the food is part of the charm of the place.
Exactly true! It is the same for Chuck E Cheese which is a draw for children. Children like food that is simple and would be boring to the adult palate, well most adults, as some still have the taste and desires of a child. They like little touches of amusement and whimsy in the preparation and presentation. The food cannot be too spicy or have flavor that is not recognizable or complex.

We all know that when we serve foods to a child, it will be evaluated by the little minds of these gourmands and if it is not to their likely, it will be rated by a loud "YUCK"!

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 06-23-2012 at 01:21 PM..

Old 06-23-2012, 12:39 PM

26,144 posts, read 48,806,976 times
Ya know, it might be a hoot if they offered the Elvis Presley sandwich (peanut butter, bacon, and banana)!

Q: Would LC come outta retirement to make that critter for us? I'm in!
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:41 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,362,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Ya know, it might be a hoot if they offered the Elvis Presley sandwich (peanut butter, bacon, and banana)!

Q: Would LC come outta retirement to make that critter for us? I'm in!
Have you seen the price of peanut butter today, it cost more than steak and bacon is in such demand that the price of this sandwich would be...but wait we have now the conspicuous consuming advocates of fine expensive and natural foods who will demand a much more specific sandwich, which would indeed raise the price beyond even what the "Pelvis" paid.

We would have to have free ranged organic and natural peanuts and bananas. The bacon would have to come from a pampered porcine, who is massaged daily by plump virginal maidens, with the bellies smoked on natural sustainable guaiacum wood harvested by an indigenous tribe of the Amazon Basin. The bread would have been made by hand selected individuals grains of multiple organic Whole Grains--this sandwich all wrapped in organic rice paper.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 06-23-2012 at 01:58 PM..

Old 06-23-2012, 02:00 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,156,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan arellano View Post
Of course the number one thing you would change would be the food but what else? Or is it just the food that people hate about Casa Bonita.

On a side note who knew there were other Casa Bonita's out there.

Casa Bonita Closes Suddenly - FOX23 News
I knew. I never went there, but my brother, who died in 1987, used to try to talk me into a road trip from Kansas City to Tulsa just to go to Casa Bonita. He told me there was one in Denver, too, but he'd never been to that one. He liked the food and the divers and ringing the bell for more food.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:37 PM

26,144 posts, read 48,806,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
...massaged daily by plump virginal maidens, ... Livecontent
Uh, can I get a rasher of that, garcon?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-23-2012, 09:55 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,446,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

Personally I wouldn't change a thing.
OK OK I went there for the 2nd time tonight, and I'd like to change what I said...

I think I ordered the Taco Salad last time because this time I see what everyone is saying...the "MEAT" is sickening. Actually it might be the worst "meat" I have eaten in my life. No matter because the place was packed inside and out, so I guess they don't have to step it up much.

My recommendation: order vegetarian I'm half Mexican, and this is definitely not Mexican food.

Still great fun though .

Old 06-25-2012, 05:20 PM

345 posts, read 971,539 times
If I owned it I'd switch everything over to cheap tacos like the stands on Federal.

The other thing I'd do is have the place cleaned....thoroughly. Its disgusting in there. I felt ill after I visited last...and feel ill just thinking about it now.

Old 06-26-2012, 03:46 PM

41 posts, read 84,795 times
Casa Bonita closed? We loved that place. It was so unique. Sure, the food was pretty bad (sopapillas were great though), but it had the best atmosphere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver