U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 10:53 PM

7 posts, read 29,095 times

Advertisements

My husband has been offered a job in Denver After looking at the schools, I'm considering moving to Littleton or Highlands Ranch. I'm trying to find a home near excellent schools with new amenities. After hours of research I'm extremely confused about which development I like. I'm trying to find someting over 10k sq ft with a rpice range of approx. $600k. Does anyone have any comments on the different subdivisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 11:35 PM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 19 days ago)

10,882 posts, read 29,310,762 times
a property with more than 10,000 square feet or lot size?

We have discussed this before Littleton could be a city in Arapahoe county or unincorporated south Jefferson County or unincorporated northern Douglas County (which is also known as the subdivision of Highlands Ranch.)

Old 09-27-2007, 08:02 AM

615 posts, read 2,761,705 times
Littleton is a city. Highlands Ranch is a master planned community (the size of a city) in unincoporated Douglas County. Where it gets confusing is that you can be looking for a home in HR, but it is listed with a Littleton address. The post office allows this since Littleton was the closest city to HR (and again since HR is not a city itself). If you are looking for homes in these areas, it is best to search by zip code.

As far as amenities go, Highlands Ranch IMO has more to offer (4 rec centers, parks, open space, walking trails, shopping, churches, good schools).

You can find good schools in both areas, but the Douglas County School district is one of the tops in the state.

If you are talking a 10k sq ft house, for $600K, not likely. Well over $1M for that. You can find lots that big in both areas with homes up to around 4K or 5k sq ft for that price.

Last edited by gpraceman; 09-27-2007 at 08:15 AM..

Old 09-27-2007, 09:32 AM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 19 days ago)

10,882 posts, read 29,310,762 times
http://www.2cre.com/city-data/under$225.JPG (broken link)

Last edited by 2bindenver; 09-27-2007 at 09:49 AM..

Old 09-27-2007, 02:39 PM

Thank you for the information. I would like a lot size of atleast 10k sq ft. I found some homes near the Cougar Run Elementary school and Wildcat Mountain Elementary, that seem to have large lot sizes. Does anyone know anything about these subdivions.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlmast View Post
Thank you for the information. I would like a lot size of atleast 10k sq ft. I found some homes near the Cougar Run Elementary school and Wildcat Mountain Elementary, that seem to have large lot sizes. Does anyone know anything about these subdivions.
I'm not sure about over by Cougar Run, but there is a section of homes over by Wildcat, with larger lots, that is not in Highlands Ranch. I don't think it is even in Lone Tree. That means you will not get to access the rec centers, without paying a non-resident fee. 2bindenver would be better to verify that, since she is a realtor.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:12 PM

Thanks. Do you reccomend Highlands Ranch over Littleton? Are there certain subdivions that you can reccomend with Excellent schools. I've been trying to avoid a brand new home as that is what I have now in Northern California. Although it's a beautiful home, the lot is pretty small.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Thanks. Do you reccomend Highlands Ranch over Littleton? Are there certain subdivions that you can reccomend with Excellent schools. I've been trying to avoid a brand new home as that is what I have now in Northern California. Although it's a beautiful home, the lot is pretty small.
I personally like HR better and that is where we chose to settle back in 2004. I think it has more amenities to offer. Most of HR is built out, but there are a couple of places they are still building in. HR is a very large master planned community that is only 26 yrs old. In each part of HR (Northridge, Southridge, Eastridge, and Westridge) you have a mixture of home prices. You also have rec centers (one per ridge), parks, schools, open space, walking trails, shopping and churches distributed throughout. There is no "bad" part of town. HR is also convenient to C-470 and I-25.

As far as schools, you can find excellent ones in both areas. Littleton, I believe, is serviced by Littleton public schools and Jefferson County schools. Littleton public schools are supposed to be good. I think it is more hit and miss with JeffCo schools. Highlands Ranch is serviced by Douglas County schools, which are very good. Check around the forum here. There are links to several websites that you can check on the school districts and particular schools.

Old 09-28-2007, 03:35 PM

Thanks again. We are going to Co next weekend to take a look around. I can't wait to see Highlands Ranch. We have two little ones and it sounds like Highlands Ranch has a lot to offer them.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Thanks again. We are going to Co next weekend to take a look around. I can't wait to see Highlands Ranch. We have two little ones and it sounds like Highlands Ranch has a lot to offer them.
I hope you have a good trip. Make sure to get a tour of one of the rec centers. You can also find out more info on HR at these two websites.

Highlands Ranch.org
Highlands Ranch Colorado | Welcome to Highlands Ranch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or