Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 10:54 PM

9 posts, read 12,005 times

Advertisements

KaaBoom, you can't imagine how often my friends and I preface bits of conversation with "tenth largest city" references. It has been quite the running gag since the city put that on a banner for some council meetings. A meaningless stat, but I get your drift.
The town is small, the suburbs are endless =1,000,000.

We liked Littleton, with the antiques in the town center. Spitting image of our own Campbell, Ca.
I've read bits about Arvada.
Louisville sounds nice, although a bit far from Denver.
On our trip in August, on a whim, we went to Golden. Super nice but we might as well stay in California and move to Folsom or Paso Robles.
Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 02:44 PM

Just so I know, being new to the forum, what is the anonymous comment that I've found, relating to my quest for information about areas of Denver? A San Jose booster trolling my opinions? Sure I'd hoped to illicit a response in my posts, so I guess that's what I get.
But honestly, what causes one to relocate?
Job?
Family?
School?
Service?
Lifestyle? Check.
Defend your opinions about my posts in public, if you would please. Or PM me so that we may converse in private.

15 point(s) total * * Latest Reputation Received
* Thread Date Comment
San Jose to Denver,... 06-24-2012 12:33 PM ha, you don't even know the world around you

Old 06-25-2012, 05:01 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,368,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWDogwood View Post
KaaBoom, you can't imagine how often my friends and I preface bits of conversation with "tenth largest city" references. It has been quite the running gag since the city put that on a banner for some council meetings. A meaningless stat, but I get your drift.
The town is small, the suburbs are endless =1,000,000.

We liked Littleton, with the antiques in the town center. Spitting image of our own Campbell, Ca.
I've read bits about Arvada.
Louisville sounds nice, although a bit far from Denver.
On our trip in August, on a whim, we went to Golden. Super nice but we might as well stay in California and move to Folsom or Paso Robles.
Thanks again.
The Denver Region has nothing better in hip locations and neighborhoods that you will find in California, which is much more superior in that type of characteristics with many more to choose. This area is what it is, and works well for me, but has nothing so unique that screams at you with a "WOW", except perhaps Boulder which you have not mentioned; it has all the characteristics that you seek.

All those areas of Littleton, Arvada, Golden and the neighborhoods of Baker and Berkeley in Denver are interesting but not so appealing to make them outstanding.

I cannot understand if you are bored in San Jose and all the extraordinary amenities all around Northern California, that you think this area will cure you of your malaise because this area is a just little different but certainly not better. Your anonymous comment, you received, is telling you that and we all receive these comment in our reps. It is nothing to get exited about, as you should see mine that have really been vehement and everyone, wherever they post, are anonymous.

Livecontent

Last edited by livecontent; 06-25-2012 at 05:13 PM..

Old 06-25-2012, 05:17 PM

48 posts, read 101,693 times
You will some competition in these areas; but South Broadway and Sante Fe Arts District area...young, hip, not too hot, etc

Old 06-25-2012, 07:59 PM

Livecontent, thank you. I'm looking for unvarnished appraisal of Denver for the criteria I've laid out. Doses of reality are appreciated.
I don't hate San Jose, it's a fine place. Just what we seek is not part of this city's landscape.
Nor would we relocate elsewhere in the Bay Area. Again, Sacramento, possibly (people would be surprised walking thru midtown these days).
Ours is less malaise and more opportunity to flouish in a cool community.

matkaemm, thanks for the tip. We hit Broadway for some antique shops when we were last there. I'm sure those side streets bear some exploration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver