Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2007, 02:04 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,288,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFanGoingWest View Post
Now that was very hurtful!!
I was 6 years old in '78 and I think that is when I heard the F-word for the 1st time!!
lol

i don't really get that passionate about this stuff. certainly not about a 3 run homer over the green monster that rattles any hope, followed by another to add some salt. but seriously, we all used to love baseball as kids, and i thought it was GREAT to see the sox win in 2004. you'll TRULY hate me for saying that i still don't really get very worked up over it all, but it is AWESOME to see people love the game and have something to rally around in good nature. i personally wish i could spend some time in boston for some of this - few better bunches of sports fans out there. it's nice to see denver so happy about something, too. there really is a spark in the air from it.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:07 PM

18,009 posts, read 27,453,889 times
Quote:
Sloppy play by the Rockies?? They actually made some nice plays early in the game. When you start by saying "not to take away from the Red Sox," that is exactly what you are doing. Let the excuses start flowing...

The Rockies were out-played in every facet of the game.
I don't know if it's so much excuses. It's easy to point out the flaws of a team and/or it's fans when they're down. Should we just concede the series now? If the Rockies organization can win the battle between their ears today, they come out and at least put in a competitive effort. That's what I'm hoping for.

I've been calling it a Rockies' sweep from the get-go because I saw that as their best chance to do this thing against the Red Sox. I was leary about this matchup. Boston is a huge sports city right now and they have a lot to be proud of. If I were a Sox fan, I'd be pretty happy right now. Many Sox fans know too well about gloating and having things rubbed in their face. They showed some mercy last night. But prior to the game, they were talking their smack pretty heavy. Nothing wrong with that, but lets look at a couple of things they've said;

last night is another reason why MLB needs replay Matt Holiday was out at the plat which was counted as the winning run that cant happen this was a sudden death win or go home and they the Padres lost because of a bad call

Its a one game playoff pretty much a sudden death

Boston all the way!

Well, now , Josh will help out! and the Dice K.? If Boston, wins, I see a
world series win! Fenway, is positive? One to do, and win!

Sucks for you sox 11-2 there gonna sweep the Rockies

I'd expect a Red Sox sweep! Your avatar may say it all.

sox in 6

Red Sox in 4.. tied game at 3-3 ...Youkilis wins the game..4 run Grand Slam...in the ninth 2 outs Crushes the dam ball so hard it lands back in Fenway...

red sox in 5

Sox in 6, Becket Wednesday so they take game one. After that it will be crazy. Boston wins one in Colorado then come home to take the penant. (??? I thought BoSox fan was educated.)

Red Sox in 4 Kevin Youkilis in the ninth Grand Slam............
With the Rockies winning 21 of 22 it's hard to go against them. I'm still taking the Red Sox in 6.

Sox in 5...still Youkilis game winning grand slam.........

I am picking the BoSox in 6. It has been a magical ride for the Rockies but I believe the layoff will play a big part in their letdown. Additionally, the Sox are getting their Mojo at the right time to take the tropy back to Beantown!
Let's Go Red Sox!
The two lineups are pretty even, it will be pitching and experience to win out in the end, I like the Sox 2-3-4 starters better than the Rockies. Oh yes, and then there is the #1 starter - this is Beckett's year. Sox in 6 games.
Red Sox 4 Grand Slam Kevin Youkilis..ninth inning 2 outs........
Jake...Red Sox in 4 Kevin Youkilis grand slam.......
Yeah Baby......Go Red Sox........
"and your little dog clemens too" you guys are a riot,guess i was kinda eaves dropping,sorry,anyway,sox in 6....

alright, who do you have winning it ?
Sox in 6!
Sox in 5
sox in 6

8 day layoff killed the Tigers, and its coming for the Rockies
Unofortunatly for the Rockies, its OCTOBER, not Rocktober (whatever the that is), And october is different that june. And October belongs to Curt Schilling, Josh Beckett, and David Ortiz. Boston wins in 6.

Beckett is scared that the Rockies are going to get his ex-girl friend to sing the National Anthem in Denver on Saturday night. (Give it up for a little side humor!)

The Rockies streak ends tomorrow. Sox in 6 - Gotta win this one at home.

Go ahead and read this thread to see my thoughts on the series. And anyone who seriously thinks Beckett is afraid is hilarious - the guy owns the postseason, he's not afraid of anyone.

Rockies!
Red Sox in 4.......
Yay !! Bigred is here..... almost spelled it bugred but I caught it in time...I am getting beter
Go Sox.....
With that said I say the Sox's in four they are on a run and everything is come together right now while the Rockies have been off for what ten years now they will be very rusty it all about momentume and right now the Sox's are on a roll they have played seven very hard games while the Rockies got to sit and watch. Playing Sim game is good but its nothing like the real thing and that is why I say the Sox's will win in four because they have been playing real games over the past few days while the Rockies have sat around throwing snowballs at each other.

The Boston Red Sox - but I see the Series going at least six games.

Sawx in six.
Rockies pitching and relative inexperience is exposed.
not to worry about it bro......
either way you need not worry. Its only game 1, and you know beckett is going to roll so if you miss it, dont even bother trying to ctahc sportscenter, the sox won.
As far as the eagles........same story. The eagles are going to continue to roll....need not worry. You could miss the game, and at the end of the day they are still going to be undefeated

Confidence is nice. The Rockies HAVE TO win tonight, no doubt about it. If they don't, this bandwagon fan will still appreciate what they've done this season. No excuses. The only one who will be angry in Yankee Fan dressed in black and purple.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
You don't watch much baseball, do you 'hello-world.' Play-off baseball is a different animal. And, remember, Beckett had just come of the DL in June. It's one thing to beat up on average teams like the Phillies and Diamondbacks, it's another to be on the same field with a proven powerhouse like the Red Sox...

All that said, it truly is amazing the run the Rockies went on. I just hope the fans support them next season the way they have for the last month.
We'd have to agree with that. Some of us were with the Rockies from 93 on until it looked like management didn't care anymore. Being Coors Canaveral, we went through a lot of pitchers (destroyed the careers of some) and a lot of money. I think we finally get free of Hampton's contract after this year! We used to rock the turnstiles with 3 and 4 Million per year and in a second tier market, then finally enough was enough. With the addition of the Avs and the resurgent Nuggets and a couple of Broncos Super Bowl victories, I don't know what happened to Rockies fan. Look at Coors field attendance a couple of months ago and look now. There's no doubt that the term Bandwagon is a valid one, but who would have thunk the 54 Million Dollar Rockies would go further than the 212 Million Dollar Yankees? A-Rod makes more money than the whole Devil Rays' team and about 1/2 of the Rockies' payroll. Take Helton out and the Rockies' payroll is about what the D-Rays' is.

If Rockies' management doesn't pay up, why should Rockies' fan have any hope? I'll tell you why, the Humidor and the Home-grown talent that Hurdle has been patient with. Congrats to the Rockies' player and coach, boo to the management and ticket sales for this year's NL Host in the 2007 World Series.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:23 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,987,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hello-world View Post
lol

i don't really get that passionate about this stuff. certainly not about a 3 run homer over the green monster that rattles any hope, followed by another to add some salt. but seriously, we all used to love baseball as kids, and i thought it was GREAT to see the sox win in 2004. you'll TRULY hate me for saying that i still don't really get very worked up over it all, but it is AWESOME to see people love the game and have something to rally around in good nature. i personally wish i could spend some time in boston for some of this - few better bunches of sports fans out there. it's nice to see denver so happy about something, too. there really is a spark in the air from it.
Denver is such a great sports city; it's nice to see the Rockies finally getting some love. They have a great group of players.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Denver is such a great sports city; it's nice to see the Rockies finally getting some love. They have a great group of players.
hey. don't patronize us. "oh, i'm from bahston. oh, i have a great football team. oh, i have a great baseball team." GO ROCKS!!! lol

Old 10-25-2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
We'd have to agree with that. Some of us were with the Rockies from 93 on until it looked like management didn't care anymore. Being Coors Canaveral, we went through a lot of pitchers (destroyed the careers of some) and a lot of money. I think we finally get free of Hampton's contract after this year! We used to rock the turnstiles with 3 and 4 Million per year and in a second tier market, then finally enough was enough. With the addition of the Avs and the resurgent Nuggets and a couple of Broncos Super Bowl victories, I don't know what happened to Rockies fan. Look at Coors field attendance a couple of months ago and look now. There's no doubt that the term Bandwagon is a valid one, but who would have thunk the 54 Million Dollar Rockies would go further than the 212 Million Dollar Yankees? A-Rod makes more money than the whole Devil Rays' team!

If Rockies' management doesn't pay up, why should Rockies' fan have any hope? I'll tell you why, the Humidor and the Home-grown talent that Hurdle has been patient with. Congrats to the Rockies' player and coach, boo to the management and ticket sales for this year's NL Host in the 2007 World Series.
It's amazing how some bad player investments (Hampton & Neagle) can cripple a small market team. I'm glad to see that they have rebounded with quality home grown talent. Denver is a great sports town and have a solid young nucleus on the Rockies can only help. I hope there is no east coast bias towards Tulowitzki and Holliday in the ROY and MVP voting - they both deserve the awards.

I can't comment on the Yankees payroll as the Red Sox are just as bad. I am happy that management does their best to put a winning team on the field.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello-world View Post
hey. don't patronize us. GO ROCKS!!! lol
Fine...I say again..Red Sox in 5!!

Old 10-25-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Fine...I say again..Red Sox in 5!!
i say beckett shows up hungover tonight. and pedroia gets stuck in traffic.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:45 PM

Well if you put the Red Sox and the Rockies together, you get the NY Yankees! Hey, spend em if you got em.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:51 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,623,824 times
I thought you were talking about the Rocky Mountains or I would not have clicked into this thread. I don't understand grownups going around talking about professional ball teams? Past college where we live it is NASCAR. Big toys for big boys. Past college, I don't even think about ball teams.

We are getting people in the area that say things about ball teams and I just think, "You are in North Carolina now, get with the program."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver