Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 03:58 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,316,581 times

Advertisements

Hello All...

I just moved from CO to CA. Have had my CO driver's license for less than 1-yr, lost it 1-wk ago somehow, somewhere & visiting all the places it could have been has proved fruitless.

To avoid taking the driving test if I walk into the CA DMV sans license (for hassle & costs), I'd like to replace the CO license first, then get my CA license. I haven't been driving since here, so the delay is no bother & I have a passport for any other ID purposes. We're also moving in 3-mos, so, by the time I receive the duplicate via mail, I may wait the additional few weeks 'til we're settled before bothering with the CA license.

I found this link when searching on how to report a lost CO license & obtain a duplicate, but find it confusing as to fees & address to mail my form:

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite.../1185957917555

These are the parts that stump me...

"Colorado statute no longer allows duplicate licenses under certain circumstances*; if you have lost, had stolen or have mutilated or destroyed your Driver's License, you will be required to renew the license for the full renewal fee:

New driver's license or renewal (all ages), $21
Duplicate license: 1st replacement, $7.50

So... am I paying $21 or mailing a check for $7.50?

AND... further down the page...

*A duplicate may be issued to you if you are outside Colorado and you need to replace your Colorado driver's license. Please print and complete the Reissue Out-of-State Extension form (DR2989).

Mail your form:
Colorado Dept of Revenue
Division of Motor Vehicles, Rm 136
Denver, CO 80261-0016

Sounds as if they allow a duplicate for a lost license if I'm out of state, am I reading that correctly? If so, it sounds perfectly easy, but how much do I send via check, $21 or $7.50? Also, the Rm # above differs from the form, which is Rm 164... which Rm # should I use, the form or website?

Thanks very much! My apologies for the wonky text... after cutting & pasting, I couldn't figure out how to properly format it & kept accidentally deleting it. Cheers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 04:05 PM

Default Update!!!

Lucky day for me! I just found my license inside a DVD cover of a film I was watching. Good news is I found the license & no one needs to reply ... sorry, closed the window & couldn't delete the post.

Bad news is I need to see a doctor about my absent-minded, Mr. Magoo tendancies.

Can't find my favorite lipstick either... I'll check the fridge & inside the cookie jar.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:07 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,980,917 times
You moved from CO... to CA? I'm so used to seeing the other way around

Old 07-19-2012, 04:47 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,423,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Swimming against current.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
Nothing against CO, but I'll take the ocean over mountains, nose bleeds, asthma attacks & pollen allergies anyday. My body never did adjust to the environment. Lovely people though, but I find them lovely here, as well. I'll be back to visit... the BF's relatives are there.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:22 PM

4,023 posts, read 5,487,514 times
Glad you found it..... Hate to tell you but I had an ocean view in S. CA. for decades......there's pollen there, too.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Swimming against current.
Haha. Fortunately, I can ocean swim here. And, run on the sand in the mornings. In CO, I was indoor bound with asthma & allergies. Couldn't even open windows lest I be melded to my inhaler all day/night. Nice place, but, I can only visit.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurzig View Post
Glad you found it..... Hate to tell you but I had an ocean view in S. CA. for decades......there's pollen there, too.
Sure, you don't need to... pollen's everywhere. But, it doesn't bother me here & some others it does. We all differ. Boston pollen was the worst for me with Denver a close 2nd... London, Dublin, Sydney & even L.A. smog don't bother me at all. Just glad I can breathe... no matter where it is, it's worth the price of admission!

Old 07-20-2012, 11:10 AM

3,939 posts, read 6,675,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
Nothing against CO, but I'll take the ocean over mountains, nose bleeds, asthma attacks & pollen allergies anyday. My body never did adjust to the environment. Lovely people though, but I find them lovely here, as well. I'll be back to visit... the BF's relatives are there.
Soooo, you moved from CO to CA, huh? Been pondering those two states as possible relocation locations. I must admit, though, I grew up in MA and love, love, loved being able to drive to the coast. I live in AZ right now and the mountains and mountain cities are nice (especially Sedona and Flagstaff), but there is something magical about the ocean to me.

Would love to hear how you are adjusting over there?

Old 07-20-2012, 12:08 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,611,557 times
You could have just gotten a license through CA. If you are a licensed driver it would be in their system. If you live in CA, shouldn't you get a CA license anyway? Hopefully you don't get pulled over...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: