Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 10:00 PM

10 posts, read 17,902 times

Advertisements

all i can say is WOW about this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 10:47 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,496,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobe Itsavized View Post
BMW and Audi snobbery makes more sense than Subaru snobbery, lmao.

Niche confidence =\= luxury arrogance
BMW's and Audi's just tell people that you care way too much about cars.

Subaru's usually make a some kind of a statement, in the form of a bumper sticker most of the time.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:48 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eapeas View Post
See, now normally, I'd totally agree with your point of view in that, holy cow, could this guy make more broad generalizations. I get that, I really do. But I'm on the road for my job quite a bit and therefore, feel that I have a pretty good sense of the driving scene here in Denver (can't speak to other cities in Colorado). You can see the other thread that I made re: driving in Denver.

With that said, it, at first, confused me, then as time has gone on the last 3 years, become painfully obvious, that Subaru drivers are consistently the most oblivious to things around them than any other make of car. Why this is? Not a damn clue. But there, literally, has not been a single Subaru that I have been behind, while driving in the left hand lane, that will get over to the right when not passing traffic. Also, they consistently brake when approaching a merge (whether coming onto the highway or just in the right hand lane). Lastly, you're not being safe when you're driving 60 in a 65 mph zone...in fact, you're making thing dangerous for everyone else.

No clue why this is, but it's one of the oddest things that both my wife and I have noticed since we moved here 3 years ago. :shrug:

Sorry if I offended you, just my observations having put over 80k miles in during those 3 years.
To me Audi drivers are the worst. Just my observation.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:25 AM

2,175 posts, read 4,298,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
To me Audi drivers are the worst. Just my observation.
To me, Audi drivers are not very sonsumer-savvy. They bought a mediocre, overpriced car.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:28 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,758,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1248 View Post
Still trying to figure out which vehicle will best suit my needs here in Colorado.

Surprisingly, a friend recently gave me the "Nose-in-the-air" sign when I spoke about how Subaru seems to be the car of choice for this state. (I know that distinction goes to BMWs, Lexus, etc.)

His assessment of what he perceived a Subaru owner to be really threw me for a loop. I believed Subaru to be a "car of the average person" type vehicle.
That's a friend?

I owned a Corvette and an Austin Healey before Toyota ever created the Lexus... Get what you need, something you did not discuss.

Snobbery?

Maybe this thread belongs in the Relationships forum, rather than the Denver forum...

Old 08-20-2012, 03:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,866 times
I would agree with the Bad Driver provision: Subaru Outback Wagon, Dodge 1500's, and VW Passats all have the absolute WORST drivers in Colorado. From Craig to Alamosa and Lamar to Ft. Morgan the story is the same. I have lived here all of my life and those are the usual suspects.

-WRX driver

Old 08-21-2012, 12:21 PM

833 posts, read 1,712,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db77 View Post
We have a name for them out this way.

Lesbaru.
My dad drives a Subaru... I guess we are going to have to have a talk.

Old 08-28-2012, 09:49 AM

31 posts, read 64,618 times
Hands down the worst drivers I see are in minivans, usually going 15-20 mph under the speed limit and in the left lane.

When we moved here we definitely noticed the abundant Subarus, but I see FAR fewer ginormous SUVs and trucks as in Dallas. Many there seem to feel that you HAVE to drive the biggest SUV or truck, whether you can afford it or not; seems like Ford and Dodge can't make F-150s, F-250s and Rams fast enough.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:58 AM

2,561 posts, read 5,812,468 times
I have posted on this thread multiple times..made snarky remarks ect. but seriously Subaru Snobbery? everyone from all societal, political, income,religious back grounds drives them for a reason here. They are mountainy hardy, they get pretty decent MPG and for the most part are dependable cars. It never even crosses my brain space when I see a Subaru in Colorado. Try spending some time in South OC..now that's car snobbery. Jeeps,Subarus,GMC'S,Audi are just part of the lanscape here..it's not like we are talking Bentley Roadsters..really people?

Old 08-28-2012, 11:05 AM

17,709 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Colorado car sales up 36% in July from 2011 - Denver Business Journal

Quote:
In July alone, Colorado's most popular new-vehicle brands were Toyota/Scion (1,709 registrations), Ford (1,505) and Honda (1,032). Year to date, the most popular were Toyota (11,541), Ford (10,654) and Subaru (7,844).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver