Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 05:39 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,977,499 times

Advertisements

Drivers suck everywhere. Enough with these drivers in CO suck at merging or drive too slow in the left or blah, blah, blah....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 05:55 PM

352 posts, read 710,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Transplant View Post

There are 12 million people in the LA area and people somehow manage to merge properly there. It's not an "any city" problem at all. It does seem to be a huge Denver problem though.
I remember California traffic thus: put your foot on the floor, keep accelerating till you hit a pesky stop sign or red light. Driving on the highway, merging onto the highway, just put your foot in it and the chips will fall as they may. I wouldn't call that "good" driving, it's just how you have to survive on the roads there.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:13 PM

75 posts, read 290,130 times
Dude, come drive in Socal. Not only will people not move over a lane when there is space available, they will purposely speed up to block you from getting in front of them.

Also, dont expect a turn signal for anything from anyone in Socal. Also, dont expect enforcement of the hands free law. Cops will pull you over for speeding 10 over the limit on the highway in the left lane but god forbid they actually ticket people for reckless behavior of cutting people off with no signal, no signal at a stop light/sign, eating/doing nails/ makeup/talking/texting/some other nonsense while driving.

Its unreal how 80% of people have a license in California.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:20 PM

30 posts, read 73,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_Transplant View Post

There are 12 million people in the LA area and people somehow manage to merge properly there. It's not an "any city" problem at all. It does seem to be a huge Denver problem though.
Really? I lived in SoCal and the dedicated entry/exit lanes were used by LA/SoCal drivers as a lane to pass all the other cars, then illegally cross the solid white lines to get back into the highway at the last second so they don't have to exit. This caused all sorts of back ups in the entry/exit lanes because those cars weren't allowing the entry cars to merge. But I'm sure you never saw that happen a single time in your entire existence in LA.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:19 PM

7,138 posts, read 10,979,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
Uh, what was the question?
Q: "What is with the utter inability to merge in this town?"

To which it was suggested that southern California drivers know how to merge better then Colorado drivers. Which I strongly disagree with.

In my opinion this thread is just plain silly. There are bad drivers everywhere. Some states just have more then others. Colorado is not one of them.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAAFTERHOURS View Post
Dude, come drive in Socal. Not only will people not move over a lane when there is space available, they will purposely speed up to block you from getting in front of them.
Yes, I hate that. Then you have the people who slow down, or even stop at the top of ramp. Because they think they are supposed to yield to traffic already on the freeway. CA drivers have no clue how to merge.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:35 PM

26 posts, read 108,199 times
merging onto I-25 north at arapahoe today, of course everyone in the right two lanes was going 15mph slower than everyone else. I had to merge left, so, seeing a minivan with a large following distance, I moved in front of them while braking to adjust for everyone's stupidly low speed.

Of course this minivan immediately begins to tailgate me angrily... sigh. If you don't want that to happen, get in another damned lane!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
I disagree completely. My experience has been the opposite. California drivers are actually quite skilled. When traffic is moving, there is typically a very smooth flow on southern California freeways. People know how to merge, tend to use the fast lane for passing, and tend to be much more efficient at lane changes.
You must be living in an alternate universe.

California Driving Guide: Californian Driving Habits and Quirks

Old 07-24-2012, 09:51 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,242,629 times
You can go on every city forum on this website, doesn't matter which city, which part of the country, and find threads with people complaining about the drivers. What else is new? In my observations, the people that complain the most about other people's driving are the people who themselves are some of the worst drivers on the road. My suggestion to you complainers is to stop b****ing, take a chill pill, and start practicing defensive, as opposed to aggressive driving.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:12 PM

3,176 posts, read 6,191,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Q: "What is with the utter inability to merge in this town?"

To which it was suggested that southern California drivers know how to merge better then Colorado drivers. Which I strongly disagree with.

In my opinion this thread is just plain silly. There are bad drivers everywhere. Some states just have more then others. Colorado is not one of them.
I highly doubt someone was answering the OP's question with 'CA drivers know how to merge better than CO drivers'. YOU made the correlation, made an argument out of it and took it off in a ditch. I agree -- silly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
View detailed profiles of: