U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
 
Old 08-15-2012, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Centennial State
354 posts, read 353,642 times
Reputation: 159

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongbone View Post
Thanks so much for the information. Eventually I went to a dealership, bargened as much as I could, and got us an 2003 Chevy TrailBlazer.

Now, being new in the country is not so easy. A week ago I went to T-mobile with two iphones I brought with me to set up a local service. THe sellers were very kind and offered me a nice deal for minutes, texting and data. However, only after signing the deal I was told that they don't support 3G to iphones, and the reception is terrible at my house. I spoke with their representative and was informed that I have 14 days to change my mind and get out of the contract..

So, the first question is what company support 3G to GSM iphones (unlocked) in central-southern Aurora area? Second, is how to keep my numbers. I have done so many errands using this phone number that updating it would be a hell. Assuming I find a better company, will they take care of keeping my number, and shutting the deal with T-mobile?

Thanks,
Go to Amazon Wireless (amazonwireless.com) and switch to Sprint phones and see if it's any better.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-15-2012, 09:48 PM
 
286 posts, read 377,780 times
Reputation: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobe Itsavized View Post
Go to Amazon Wireless (amazonwireless.com) and switch to Sprint phones and see if it's any better.
My experience with Sprint, living in Saddle Rock, is pretty good, including very good 4G coverage (WiMax, not LTE).

On the 2003 Trailblazer: I do recall engine issues with these, but possibly the 2003 model missed the trouble. Have a Chevy dealer run TSBs (technical service bulletins) on the car to see if there are any major fixes which might be covered under recalls etc. Otherwise, despite mediocre gas mileage, it's certainly a vehicle that'll handle your 5-passenger needs quite well.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2012, 10:00 PM
 
Location: We_tside PNW / CO / SA TX / Thailand
11,301 posts, read 19,008,440 times
Reputation: 8171
Quote:
Originally Posted by strongbone View Post
...Now, being new in the country is not so easy. A week ago I went to T-mobile with two iphones I brought with me to set up a local service. THe sellers were very kind and offered me a nice deal for minutes, texting and data. However, only after signing the deal I was told that they don't support 3G to iphones, and the reception is terrible at my house. I spoke with their representative and was informed that I have 14 days to change my mind and get out of the contract..

So, the first question is what company support 3G to GSM iphones (unlocked) in central-southern Aurora area?
...,
Might be best to start a new "PHONE" thread in Science and Tech, or Denver.

How long will you be in US? Hand Phones in US are a PAIN. (Carrier / federal control). UNLOCKED phones ???. I travel the world and based in USA. I have to haver International carriers elsewhere, USA is not affordable. Voip is better solution, but not very ez, like it is in many 3rd world countries. IN US I am even stuck on Dial-up internet. Not SMART for Gov to be in control (they only care for high popluation centers / votes).

You can get pay-by-minute phones very cheap at Walmart. Number changing also an issue. I use 3g.com for lots of help. (internet connectivity for me)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2012, 11:34 PM
 
Location: Centennial State
354 posts, read 353,642 times
Reputation: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrian View Post
My experience with Sprint, living in Saddle Rock, is pretty good, including very good 4G coverage (WiMax, not LTE).

On the 2003 Trailblazer: I do recall engine issues with these, but possibly the 2003 model missed the trouble. Have a Chevy dealer run TSBs (technical service bulletins) on the car to see if there are any major fixes which might be covered under recalls etc. Otherwise, despite mediocre gas mileage, it's certainly a vehicle that'll handle your 5-passenger needs quite well.
Buying used in a foreign country doesn't instill confidence and reliability. Especially when there may have been better choices the original poster could have looked at before going to a stealership.

But as for Sprint, yes, I agree. Their coverage is... above satisfactory outside of the deadzone near the foothills in Boulder. I love their unlimited data plan. Unfortunately Sprint wouldn't give me a phone because of my relatively new credit history so I had to go with Verizon. Tethering on Sprint with unlimited is nice when the Internet goes down once in a while (CenturyLink).
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-16-2012, 12:14 AM
 
27 posts, read 22,241 times
Reputation: 26
Default Thanks for the adivses

Indeed, being new in a country comes with a price, I call it tuition, and obviously if I had more time or experience I would have gotten a better deal.

I called At&t, their plans are twice the price of T-mobile. Verizon don't support iphones that work on T-mobile. Tomorrow I will call Sprint. I guess that eventually I will stay with T-mobile and rely on the WiFi connection at home, and work.

Thanks guys, you've been helpful and supportive.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2012, 03:38 PM
 
198 posts, read 216,781 times
Reputation: 99
Do not buy a new car....I just paid $700 bucks to register my 2012 Subaru Outback. $600 for the year and an extra $100 for the two months I had it here when it wasn't registered in CO. So i had to pay for two states (CT taxes and CO prorated registration). I don not understand why they give you a 90 grace period when they are going to charge you anyway. What a rip off!!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2012, 01:17 PM
Status: "The countdown has begun!" (set 12 days ago)
 
Location: Tucson, AZ
814 posts, read 714,577 times
Reputation: 983
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacoby23 View Post
Do not buy a new car....I just paid $700 bucks to register my 2012 Subaru Outback. $600 for the year and an extra $100 for the two months I had it here when it wasn't registered in CO. So i had to pay for two states (CT taxes and CO prorated registration). I don not understand why they give you a 90 grace period when they are going to charge you anyway. What a rip off!!
The grace period is so you have time to get things done, it is not 90 days free.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top