U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How clean is Denver? (when voting, explain your reason why you chose that option)
Very Clean 13 27.66%
Clean 20 42.55%
Somewhat Clean 8 17.02%
Going downhill 4 8.51%
Dirty 2 4.26%
Very Dirty 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:55 AM

271 posts, read 1,251,777 times

Advertisements

The ozone alerts in the summer are nowhere near as bad as in other cities like San Francisco and Washington DC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 08:59 PM

355 posts, read 2,222,855 times
I agree I-70 is pretty damn ugly going into Denver. Not a clean area of the city at all. And I'm sorry but all of Colfax IMO is a s***hole!!! I was in that area today & all I saw was trashy-looking people & bars on the windows on every store---it is disgusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickmich View Post
It is butt ugly in Commerce City, imo. I am not intimate with Denver having only lived here less than a year, but Commerce City was a real turn off from what I have seen of it.
But keep in mind, Commerce City is near an industrial part of the city. In fact, it might
be an industrial part of the city. I think I-70 as it goes through Denver is ugly, too.
It shows mainly the industrial image of the city. Well, this is the case on the east
side of I-25. But if you go North of South of I-70 you will find many many nice areas..

Old 10-17-2007, 09:36 PM

86 posts, read 132,722 times
I drove through that area west of Denver, heavily Hispanic.. I felt very unsafe. Graffiti was everywhere and I felt like I was in a third world country. This is the only place in the whole Denver Area which I've felt this way/ Is that Colfax?

Old 10-17-2007, 10:23 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,033,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deportallofthem View Post
I drove through that area west of Denver, heavily Hispanic.. I felt very unsafe. Graffiti was everywhere and I felt like I was in a third world country. This is the only place in the whole Denver Area which I've felt this way/ Is that Colfax?
sounds like federal. the bars. the latin. part of the flavor! part of the charm!

Old 10-17-2007, 10:26 PM

86,904 posts, read 102,377,003 times
We used to live in that general area. It was fun! Not scary at all, to me. On Halloween the little hispanic kids would say "gracias" as you put the candy in their bags. We left for the rural life in Louisville, which it was back then.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 10-17-2007 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 10-18-2007, 10:38 AM

2,755 posts, read 11,746,848 times
I think East Colfax is pretty cool around the Bluebird area. You got the namesake Bluebird, Tattered Cover, the Fillmore, the Ogden, the funky cap hill shops, a new bus every 2 minutes on that route, kids with piercings and "body art", so what's not to like?

And Federal? I love that street. Between 20th and about 48th it's really green and leafy, really nice street. South of that isn't as pretty but it's a heck of a lot more interesting -- with the area's best Mexican, Vietnamese, Dim Sum, and other Chinese restaurants and markets.

I guess I am a bit dubious about things being "clean." Now, Cherry Creek North, that's CLEAN. So clean that the Tattered Cover ditched it for East Colfax, with some chain store going to replace them. I liked Cherry Creek better back when it was a little bit less clean.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:06 AM

676 posts, read 2,539,711 times
For the most part Federal isn't that dirty either and there eventhough the buildings aren't brand new they are all occupied. Sometimes I'd rather take that section over some of the sterile streets in the newer sprawl areas.

Old 10-18-2007, 04:50 PM

5,608 posts, read 20,683,196 times
tfox has a great point. The neat thing about Denver is that it's really just one or two major streets that have the reputation as being "dirty"-- namely Colfax and Federal-- and possibly Broadway. Here in Phoenix, it seems like practically every major street, mile after mile, is a Colfax. Here there are at least 10-15 parallel east-west roads that you can take from one end of town clear to the other that look like Colfax Ave-- or worse-- the whole way. At least with Denver, the areas that are objectionable (which don't always necessarily deserve that reputation) are at least identifiable and recognizable-- it's not like half the city looks like Colfax.

Old 10-18-2007, 05:05 PM

686 posts, read 3,463,269 times
Thank you all. I feel like a have a grasp on what Denver is like. I can agree with Vegaspilgrim. I live in Tucson, and street after street is disgusting and run down. there is litter all over and people down here don't know how to keep anything up. At least in Alaska they took pride in their properties.Sheesh.

Old 10-18-2007, 11:48 PM

320 posts, read 1,602,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
tfox has a great point. The neat thing about Denver is that it's really just one or two major streets that have the reputation as being "dirty"-- namely Colfax and Federal-- and possibly Broadway. Here in Phoenix, it seems like practically every major street, mile after mile, is a Colfax. Here there are at least 10-15 parallel east-west roads that you can take from one end of town clear to the other that look like Colfax Ave-- or worse-- the whole way. At least with Denver, the areas that are objectionable (which don't always necessarily deserve that reputation) are at least identifiable and recognizable-- it's not like half the city looks like Colfax.
I was stuck in Phoenix in once about 20 years ago. we were near the airport(19th and Van Buren) at a cheap motel. The whole area made me really miss the ghettos of LA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or