Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 06:44 PM

36 posts, read 52,843 times

Advertisements

Ok, so need recomendations again!!!! I live in Littleton, but the girl I'm seeing lives in Erie. Any ideas for a cool, fun, laid-back date? Preferably near or close to Erie.... it will be our first official date! Any and all advice appreciated! Saturday is the day also thought about meeting her in boulder?? Let's hear it~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 06:51 PM

36 posts, read 52,843 times
Also, if anyone has any insight or knows anyone looking for dependable honest people I'm still on the job search as well. I'd been fortunate enough to own my own business for the past 10 years and made a very good living but moved here to take care of my father. Looking for work currently... my background is in hospitality/service industry. Thanks

Old 12-12-2012, 07:09 PM

17,704 posts, read 29,791,770 times
Default Gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by w8tlifterty View Post
live in Littleton, but the girl I'm seeing lives in Erie
Forget her. She is GU.

Old 12-12-2012, 07:46 PM

51 posts, read 159,212 times
Default It's all relative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Forget her. She is GU.
Wow! That's harsh. I'd say Erie, PA is geographically undesirable. But, Erie, CO. If the connection is there, who cares the distance?

Old 12-12-2012, 08:00 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
I don't know what's in Erie. However, there are some decent restaurants in Lafayette, just a few miles to the west.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:00 PM

17,704 posts, read 29,791,770 times
Default I learned this term from a New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatInTheHat View Post
Wow! That's harsh. I'd say Erie, PA is geographically undesirable. But, Erie, CO. If the connection is there, who cares the distance?
I was told by a New Yorker (someone who lived in Manhattan) that someone from Brooklyn was GU. What is that? A few miles.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:07 PM

51 posts, read 159,212 times
Quote:
I was told by a New Yorker (someone who lived in Manhattan) that someone from Brooklyn was GU. What is that? A few miles.
LOL! Yes...I've heard that about NYC, too. In fact, even in Boston, I had a friend who lived on Beacon Hill and a guy who lived in the suburbs thought that was GU. But, hey this is the wild west. People think nothing of driving miles to do anything. Why should dating be any different?

OP: At least you're a chivalrous guy and intend to meet her in her town....not equidistant like some yahoos might do!

Old 12-12-2012, 08:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,685,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't know what's in Erie. However, there are some decent restaurants in Lafayette, just a few miles to the west.
Let me add, downtown Louisville is usually hopping. Lots of bars and restaurants, an old fashioned ice skating rink if that's your thing. You can rent skates there is you don't have any.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:21 PM

3,125 posts, read 5,045,940 times
If you already know her and want to make a good impression the Melting Pot in Louisville is a casual but nice restaurant that allows for a long lingering dinner.
http://www.bing.com/local/details.as...M=LARE#reviews

If you don't know her yet then something like 3 Margaritas in the Orchard Town Center would be an excellent casual date. They likely have the Christmas lights, fake ice skating ring and tree so would be pretty.
http://www.3margsorchard.com/

I've never been there but this is a little more unique. It is in the same shopping center as 3 Margaritas.
Info and Press Kit | www.thewineandcheese.com

Old 12-12-2012, 09:23 PM

86 posts, read 126,912 times
Quote:
Those kind of New Yorkers think the UES (upper east side) is the country. Parts of Brooklyn are a bridge span away from Manhattan.

Oh and those guys are obsolete. These days people are moving to Manhattan because they are priced out of the trendy nabes in Brooklyn. I could find cheaper rent in Manhattan than here in Park Slope where idiots pay 2600 for 700 sq foot. I own... Much cheaper than renting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver