U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2007, 06:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,493 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I will be relocating to Denver in Feb. My office will be in Stapleton but I will need great access to highways because my job will take me all around the city including heading out to the mountains. I will also need moderate acces to DIA. I am looking for 20-30 minute commute to Stapleton daily - the less the better. My husband will be working most likely down town.

I am married with a almost newborn (in Feb he will be 6 weeks old - not due till Dec)

We are looking for a home under $250,000 nothing fancy just a safe place, with good day care and close adminities for food, shopping ect.

I have been reading through other threads about Auroura and Stapleton (that's where from the map I thought we would live) but any advice. I liked what I read about Arvada and Englewood but I think that would be a long commute in the morning.

I have read through the other threads but haven't found anyone like me.

If you have any advice I would appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2007, 07:30 AM

86,892 posts, read 102,319,187 times
Englewood wouldn't be bad, depending on where. Arvada wouldn't be too bad, maybe longer than you would like. Arvada goes pretty far west. It's on the west side of Denver, so you'd be closer to the mtns. The Stapleton/Lowry area is supposed to be good for young families. I don't know about it personally.

Old 10-21-2007, 08:26 AM
Status: "Celebrating 30 years as a Broker" (set 21 days ago)

10,887 posts, read 29,317,265 times
There are places in Denver, like Stapleton, Green Valley Ranch or maybe you'd like the northern suburbs like Northglenn, Thornton & Commerce City. The north end of Denver & Suburbs have I-70 and easy access to DIA.

I would stay east of work, if you could, for the morning commute will be easier on the eyes.

Old 10-21-2007, 09:33 AM

676 posts, read 2,538,825 times
Areas like greenwood village and south denver have great access to highways. The north suburbs have some nice areas too but traffic up that way can be nasty.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:13 AM

8 posts, read 17,112 times
I know you are wondering about where to live and in that area I would not know however I saw that you will have a new baby with you congrats on that. We live in Parker and I drive all the way to stapleton for our childrens Doctor - the BEST!!! We have been with him for over 6 years with all three of our kiddo's. Great Doctor he just opened his own pratice with his buddy and it is the best. Send a DM for his contact info. Hope this helps in someway

Last edited by Mike from back east; 11-06-2007 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: Advertising not permitted. Use the DM method.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:28 AM

1,437 posts, read 4,126,146 times
Default north denver

all those places mentioned are out of the way if you want to be at the center of it all north denver is where you should go it close to downtown ,you can even walk there, there are a couple of foot bridges over i-25 look around the area bordered by 26th ave, federal ,sheridan ,and 32nd you will also have easy access to i-25,i-70 and 6th ave as far as aurora or as its known sauidi aurora i wouldnt move there

Old 11-06-2007, 11:08 AM

739 posts, read 2,714,766 times
why not live in stapleton itself- great access to I-70 and 270, close to downtown, walking distance to schools, amenities. Great community for young families (stroller on every porch) and I think you could find a rowhouse or maybe a SFH in you price range. If you can eliminate some of your gas and commuting costs, why wouldn't you? Not to mention, lots of in-home and daycare centers in the surrounding hoods.

Old 11-06-2007, 12:06 PM

63 posts, read 464,755 times
I second that dj32 - Stapleton has everything you want. You won't be able to get a huge house but certainly something nice and comfortable. Stapleton is one of the best neighborhoods in Denver, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver