Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 04:13 PM

698 posts, read 2,046,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
We've reconsidered! We were thinking about moving to Boulder, just for a change of scenery. But we decided Stapleton is best for our kids. Schools are good, there are so many kids their age to play with.. I can't imagine anyplace else being so much fun for a kid to grow up in. It would be hard to recreate what they have in Stapleton.

We've been in the same house for almost 8 years (the longest I've ever lived in one home in my life) and I think I'm getting bored! It's the best house I've ever lived in, but there are a few minor things we'd like to have different. Like a mud room! So we may end up moving within Stapleton.
You could come to Bradburn Denverian, just 20 minutes to Boulder. We'd love to have you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 04:14 PM

204 posts, read 578,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingthedream2013 View Post
It was a good excuse for a walk. David Weekley has a nearly completed house on 26th with an available sign up. The other lots that are still dirt are Boulder Creek and Standard Pacific. There are Infiniti lots I believe closer to 28th street. The other builders are New Town but I didn't walk down that street since they were pouring concrete and had the road blocked.
Thank you for the pics! Awesome.

Who built your house? Are you happy with it? We're leaning toward DW, Wonderland and New Town. I love the Parkwoods and Infinity's but they're a budget buster. I would be interested in Bluff Lake, but I would be shocked if there's anything by the time we're ready. We'd go to contract on dirt in the fall.

Old 02-08-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I joke that I should just have my paychecks depositied directly into Target lol! They've got all of lifes necessities.
I just came from there. At least $50 every time.....

Old 02-08-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingthedream2013 View Post
We were 30 -40 minutes from Target in out last house so being 10 minutes away is super nice. We chose Stapleton because we have had both newer houses and older houses and didn't want to have to fix anything. We liked the idea of Conservatory Green but couldn't wait that long. It will be nice when the houses across the street are built but that will be awhile. They will be in the City of Aurora and we were told the water hookup fee for the developer is pretty steep.
Us too. We went from a new house to a 40s bungalow, back to a new house (2007). However.....my husband is a contractor and I'm an interior decorator, so a reno has always been a dream of ours. It may have to wait till we're empty nesters though.

Yikes! I have a Super Target 3 miles from my house, and a regular Target 5 miles in other direction. How did you survive??

Old 02-08-2013, 11:19 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,548,648 times
We recently (briefly) discussed a move to Stapleton from Wash Park. We ultimately opted to tear down a house and build new in Wash Park. I was fortunate to have a rental house to tear down that was mostly paid for.

One of my best friends and his family live in Stapleton so we do spend a bit of time there and actually rented a place up there for a few months before we had kids.

Pros of Stapleton:
Great sense of community
Tons of kids
New schools that are highly rated
New construction
Most people we at similar places in their lives. Lots in common.
Inexpensive compared to Wash Park. Our new build in Wash Park is literally twice as expensive as a similar square footage house in Stapleton.
Public rec center and pool are great facilities.

Cons
No Trees
Very little Character
Lack of walkable shopping/bars/restaurants.
It's a pain to get to Cherry Creek, Wash Park, DU, basically anywhere south.
If you don't fit in with the group, I've heard it's very easy to feel very left out.
Stapleton mom's groups are very cliquey.
It may be in the city limits, but it is really the suburbs.

Ultimately we made the decision to stay. I don't think it was selfish at all. I like that my kids are going to grow up in a little more urban setting than Stapleton. We could swing the price difference and the elementary school here is great. Once the kids hit middle school we may be forking out for private school, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Good luck! My friends who live there absolutely love it. We just decided it wasn't for us.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
We recently (briefly) discussed a move to Stapleton from Wash Park. We ultimately opted to tear down a house and build new in Wash Park. I was fortunate to have a rental house to tear down that was mostly paid for.

One of my best friends and his family live in Stapleton so we do spend a bit of time there and actually rented a place up there for a few months before we had kids.

Pros of Stapleton:
Great sense of community
Tons of kids
New construction
Inexpensive compared to Wash Park. Our new build in Wash Park is literally twice as expensive as a similar square footage house in Stapleton.

Cons
No Trees
Very little Character
If you don't fit in with the group, I've heard it's very easy to feel very left out.

Ultimately we made the decision to stay. I don't think it was selfish at all. I like that my kids are going to grow up in a little more urban setting than Stapleton. We could swing the price difference and the elementary school here is great. Once the kids hit middle school we may be forking out for private school, but I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

Good luck! My friends who live there absolutely love it. We just decided it wasn't for us.
Thank you for posting this! These are all valid concerns of mine. For us, Stapleton is school and budget driven. We have too much house and pay tuition now, and that's not necessarily the way we want to go forward. Lots to consider....

Old 02-09-2013, 08:07 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
We've reconsidered! We were thinking about moving to Boulder, just for a change of scenery. But we decided Stapleton is best for our kids. Schools are good, there are so many kids their age to play with.. I can't imagine anyplace else being so much fun for a kid to grow up in. It would be hard to recreate what they have in Stapleton.

We've been in the same house for almost 8 years (the longest I've ever lived in one home in my life) and I think I'm getting bored! It's the best house I've ever lived in, but there are a few minor things we'd like to have different. Like a mud room! So we may end up moving within Stapleton.
A mud room! A co-worker and I were talking about things we want in "our next house". We both want a mud room. Ironically, DH and I once rented a tiny house in Urbana IL that was built in 1953. It had a mud room! We loved it. When did they go out of style?

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post

Pros of Stapleton:
Great sense of community
Tons of kids
New construction

Cons
No Trees
Very little Character

SkyDog,
What do you think about the new DSST going into the Byers Middle building? I noticed that it will feed the Lincoln/Bromwell/Steele kids....interesting option.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:24 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
A mud room! A co-worker and I were talking about things we want in "our next house". We both want a mud room. Ironically, DH and I once rented a tiny house in Urbana IL that was built in 1953. It had a mud room! We loved it. When did they go out of style?

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread.
They should be mandated by state law in Colorado! In our house, you step straight from the garage into the great room, and then the coat closet is in the entry hall by the front door, on the opposite end of the house. And then if it snows a lot, the garage turns into a slushy, muddy mess, so the kids track mud through the house

I'd say more than 50% of the houses in Stapleton have mud rooms, so they're definitely coming back into style. I want a nice big one with the cubbies for each member of the family.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:26 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,215,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradburn1 View Post
You could come to Bradburn Denverian, just 20 minutes to Boulder. We'd love to have you!
Thanks! Although I still like being more "in the middle of things". I like the thought of Boulder because you're always relatively near downtown Boulder and all the action, no matter where you live in the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver