Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2013, 07:36 AM

7 posts, read 8,841 times

Advertisements

Excited to be making progress, as I sit here surrounded by moving boxes

We're moving from Richmond, VA to the Denver area at the end of the month... I spent most of last week in the area and secured a house in Castle Pines Village, and a day care spot for our daughter.

Not much to say other than I'm looking forward to getting there!

Old 02-14-2013, 08:46 AM

3,127 posts, read 5,053,725 times
Welcome to Denver! You are very efficient!

Old 02-14-2013, 07:22 PM

48 posts, read 87,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator_in_VA View Post
Excited to be making progress, as I sit here surrounded by moving boxes

We're moving from Richmond, VA to the Denver area at the end of the month... I spent most of last week in the area and secured a house in Castle Pines Village, and a day care spot for our daughter.

Not much to say other than I'm looking forward to getting there!
Hey! So are we, but we are coming from Northern VA, and we are moving to the Parker area. We have a house, school for my daughter, and a preschool for my crazy boy.

Good luck with your move!

Old 02-14-2013, 10:43 PM

15 posts, read 35,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginiagrrrl View Post
Hey! So are we, but we are coming from Northern VA, and we are moving to the Parker area. We have a house, school for my daughter, and a preschool for my crazy boy.

Parker is a wonderful area. Be sure to check out the US/Europe Solheim Cup (golf) at Colorado Golf Club in Parker, sometime in August.

Old 02-15-2013, 11:42 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
I moved here from VA 2 years ago. Welcome! Let me know if you have questions, hope you enjoy it here!

Old 02-18-2013, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginiagrrrl View Post

We actually lived in Reston for 10 years before coming to Richmond 18 mos ago.

Old 02-21-2013, 04:23 PM

update: the move has been put on hold pending the outcome of Colorado's onerous and punitive gun legislation that has passed the Colorado house and is pending in the Senate.

I never expected a "mountain west" state to infringe upon my rights like this.

Old 02-21-2013, 06:56 PM

48 posts, read 87,160 times
Quote:
update: the move has been put on hold pending the outcome of Colorado's onerous and punitive gun legislation that has passed the Colorado house and is pending in the Senate.

I never expected a "mountain west" state to infringe upon my rights like this.
Ours is too far gone, but it ticks us off too.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:52 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,823,179 times
Default Get over it

Quote:
Bull pucky.

"The bills consist of:
• Limiting gun ammunition magazines to 15 rounds.
• Requiring background checks for all gun transactions.
• Ban concealed weapons on college campuses.
• Impose a fee for gun buyers to cover the cost of their background checks."

If you want to be upset, then ask yourself why is it that:
* you cannot own a RPG to defend yourself against the armor the oppressors will send
* you cannot own a F-16 to defend yourself against the bombers the oppressors will send
* you cannot own an 155mm howitzer to defend yourself against the artillery the oppressors will send
* you cannot own a MANPAD to defend yourself against the aircraft the oppressors will send
* you cannot own C4 to blow the bridges so the oppressors cannot enter our fair state

If you are upset about the restrictions, then join a "well regulated militia". http://co.ng.mil/

Last edited by davebarnes; 02-21-2013 at 08:14 PM..

Old 02-21-2013, 09:07 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,044,521 times
Okay, the move is off so I'm closing this thread before it goes totally off topic.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver