Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2013, 05:06 PM

545 posts, read 1,479,823 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone - My wife and I are considering relocating to the Denver area within the next year or so. She is a high school Biology teacher right now and could be certified for Chemistry as well (but isn't right now). I'm in IT, specifically Systems Administration. I feel confident that I could get a job pretty easily, but you never really know what to expect with teaching positions. Can anyone comment on the job market for teachers in the Denver area? I know there is a sizable Hispanic population in Denver. Is being bilingual a requirement? She's not fluent in Spanish but knows enough to get by. She has three years of teaching experience. Any input / advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 05:34 PM

26,152 posts, read 48,842,672 times
We've many threads on teachers in the Denver Metro Area and getting Colorado Certification. Please use our search tool with the appropriate keywords to find them, easily and quickly.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:54 PM

431 posts, read 1,238,421 times
DPS seems to always be hiring. Many of the schools are low income but some teachers like that better. Stapleton is the fastest growing part of DPS but there isn't a high school (yet). The websites for the districts are the best place to start: Denver, Jefferson County, Adams County, Boulder Valley, Douglas County, Littleton and Cherry Creek (both Arapahoe County).

Old 02-24-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthXSW View Post
DPS seems to always be hiring. Many of the schools are low income but some teachers like that better. Stapleton is the fastest growing part of DPS but there isn't a high school (yet). The websites for the districts are the best place to start: Denver, Jefferson County, Adams County, Boulder Valley, Douglas County, Littleton and Cherry Creek (both Arapahoe County).
Thanks for the information SouthXSW!

Old 02-24-2013, 05:21 PM

3,158 posts, read 6,102,246 times
Here is a list of links to the various districts, I did this from memory, so I hope I didn't forget anyone.

Denver Public Schools (City and County of Denver)

Jefferson County Public Schools (West Metro Area, )

Douglas County Public Schools (extreme Southern Metro Area)

Sheridan Public Schools (South Metro Area)

Englewood Public Schools (South Metro Area)

Littleton Public Schools (South Metro Area)

Cherry Creek Public Schools (Southeast Metro Area)

Aurora Public Schools (East Metro Area)

Adams County District 1 - Mapleton Public Schools (North Metro Area)

Adams County District 12 (North Metro Area)

Adams County District 14 - Commerce City (Northeast Metro Area)

Adams County District 27J - Brighton Public Schools (Extreme Northeast Metro Area)

Adams County District 50 - Westminster (North Metro Area)

Boulder Valley School District - (Extreme Northwest Metro Area)

St. Vrain School District - (Extreme North Metro Area)

Archdiocese of Denver Schools (Catholic Schools in Northern Colorado)

Old 02-26-2013, 07:14 PM

Thanks David! Very helpful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver