Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 09:14 PM

16 posts, read 18,546 times

Advertisements

Best advice is to try yourself, have you tried driving that route one morning on a weekday?

I do not live in Denver, just following this thread for information just like you :-D .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2014, 09:55 AM

546 posts, read 1,817,985 times
We live in the Ken Caryl area. My husband commutes to DTC--around I-25 and Arapahoe/Orchard area. He does not mind the drive at all but he is an early bird (always has been) and leaves for work by 6 am. He flies on C-470 in the morning at that time but the drive in the afternoon takes a a bit longer. In the winter it is dark when he leaves for work and I am sure some people may not like that. I would recommend the same advice as above-- drive it at the time you would normally be leaving for work and see if it is something you can handle. Also consider the increase in fuel cost. We absolutely love living in this area so it is completely worth it to him. We go up to the mountains a lot, he takes my kids fishing after work--we are really into the outdoors so for us it is a good fit to live over here.

Old 07-07-2014, 11:02 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,120,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stricklandia View Post
Centennial covers a wide area both west and east of I-25. The house we are considering is west of I-25 (Willow Creek neighborhood), and close enough to my office (Arapahoe & 25) that I can probably ride my bike. At the very least, I won't need to even get on the highway.

But now I don't know what to think. That's two responses that make it seem like a reasonable commute from Ken Caryl, with several other responses above that call it a commute from hell. You can't all be right, so who do I believe?
Well, I live in Ken Caryl and commute every day to the DTC at 6:30 am. The others do not.

The best advice is to drive the commute at the time you would be going.

I have driven in and around Willow Creek often. The secondary streets are just as bad during rush hour. The traffic driving south on both Quebec and Yosemite often backs up half a mile at the lights on County Line. It is almost as bad at the lights at Dry Creek.

Arapahoe Road (along with Colorado Blvd) is the worst road for traffic in the metro area. Check out the traffic around Willow Creek. And remember, it will be worse once school is in session in August.

Old 07-07-2014, 12:01 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidv View Post
Well, I live in Ken Caryl and commute every day to the DTC at 6:30 am. The others do not.

The best advice is to drive the commute at the time you would be going.

I have driven in and around Willow Creek often. The secondary streets are just as bad during rush hour. The traffic driving south on both Quebec and Yosemite often backs up half a mile at the lights on County Line. It is almost as bad at the lights at Dry Creek.

Arapahoe Road (along with Colorado Blvd) is the worst road for traffic in the metro area. Check out the traffic around Willow Creek. And remember, it will be worse once school is in session in August.
I drive that section of Yosemite every day. Eleven minutes door-to-door. Aim to leave work at 4:45, and you'll avoid the traffic completely. Fifteen minutes makes all the difference at that time of day, whether you live at Quebec & Dry Creek or in the foothills.

Last edited by randomparent; 07-07-2014 at 12:10 PM..

Old 07-08-2014, 09:45 AM

130 posts, read 163,448 times
Thanks, all. I'm not concerned about the Willow Creek-to-Arapahoe (Fiddler's Green) commute. If for some reason such a short distance is terrible, it's short enough that I can just ride my bike most of the year (weather permitting). I was really just curious about Ken Caryl as an option (which sounds iffy but doable).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver