Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2013, 06:57 PM

37 posts, read 95,767 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Denver this May and keep looking for rentals in Parker however the homes seem to go so quick. We did look at Tallyn's Ranch and everyone tells us to stay away from Aurora. Is this true? We have two daughters ( 7 and 1) and really need a neighborhood filled with kids, a great school and sense of ommunity. Any feedback on the areas? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 07:08 PM

707 posts, read 1,845,684 times
We used to live in Parker, and now we live in a subdivision right across from Tallyn's Reach. We moved here to be in Cherry Creek vs. DCSD. I think when people say to keep away from Aurora, they mean more northern Aurora, nearer to the base. Aurora is very spread out. I actually prefer living here over Parker.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:44 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,702,783 times
I use to live in Tallyn's Ranch and it is a great area. I can't imagine why anyone would tell you to stay away from that side of town. Like I always say, Southeast Aurora is basicly a suburb of Aurora.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:50 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
I am bias I live in Parker, but South Aurora looks just like Parker. Just don't move to north Aurora. The worst part of Parker is it's a far commute to downtown for work. I don't have kids so I can't speak to schools.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:51 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,888,798 times
We lived in Dallas-Fort Worth for 12 years but my wife and I are both originally from Colorado. When our realtor said "I've got a neighborhood in Aurora I want you to see," we had the same tired, worn out reaction everyone else does. "Aurora? Are you sure?"

Well we ended up buying in that neighborhood. We live on the other side of Smoky Hill from Tallyn's Reach in The Reserve at the Wheatlands and it's nothing like the Aurora that most folks think of.

Honestly when people bag on Aurora they tend to forget that the crappiest neighborhoods in the Denver Metro area are by-and-large within Denver proper. East Colfax is no picnic, but then again neither are Montbello, Park Hill, and 5 Points.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:12 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
We lived in Dallas-Fort Worth for 12 years but my wife and I are both originally from Colorado. When our realtor said "I've got a neighborhood in Aurora I want you to see," we had the same tired, worn out reaction everyone else does. "Aurora? Are you sure?"

Well we ended up buying in that neighborhood. We live on the other side of Smoky Hill from Tallyn's Reach in The Reserve at the Wheatlands and it's nothing like the Aurora that most folks think of.

Honestly when people bag on Aurora they tend to forget that the crappiest neighborhoods in the Denver Metro area are by-and-large within Denver proper. East Colfax is no picnic, but then again neither are Montbello, Park Hill, and 5 Points.
I like that part of Aurora but it just seems you are toll road locked, and that gets $$$ real quick. If I am wrong please let me know.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:17 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,888,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
I like that part of Aurora but it just seems you are toll road locked, and that gets $$$ real quick. If I am wrong please let me know.
I wouldn't say you're locked into the toll road. Generally speaking the east/west movement is easier than north/south. Arapahoe Road and Smoky Hill Road aren't bad at all, but Gun Club Road is a pain during rush hour. My office is in the DTC and I typically drop my son off at school at 8am and I get to the office by 8:30 via Arapahoe & Peoria/Belleview.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:36 PM

37 posts, read 95,767 times
Great this has been a big help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver