Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 06:27 PM

352 posts, read 710,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
My understanding is that they are re-opening under new management next week. Don't know yet though if it will be pizza or something else.
Well, if they re-open and have the same pizza as before that will be a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2013, 07:30 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,613,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushhournewb View Post
Well, if they re-open and have the same pizza as before that will be a good thing.

I agree!

Old 07-13-2013, 08:01 PM

4,003 posts, read 2,678,170 times
I've found most of the pizza places in Colorado to be okay enough. However, I have to admit, as a native St. Louisan, I was excited beyond anything to find City Pizza and Pasta in Arvada, which serves St. Louis-style pizza (cracker-thin crust and provel cheese instead of mozzerella, and cut into squares instead of triangles) *and* toasted ravioli. I'll go there for pizza first and foremost if I have a choice. If not, other places will do.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:14 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,464,766 times
I was rolling around in davebarnes neighborhood last night and got a pizza or 3 at Hops and Pie. Probably not going to appease the traditionalists from NY or Chicago, but it is in my opinion the best pizza in the city.

http://www.hopsandpie.com/

Old 08-02-2013, 08:26 AM

17,678 posts, read 29,607,847 times
Default Also a fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I was rolling around in [Berkeley - "it's better than West Highland"] last night and got a pizza or 3 at Hops and Pie....is in my opinion the best pizza in the city.
I am also a fan of the pizza at:
http://www.parisidenver.com/parisi/ (4 blocks from my house)
and
Right Coast Pizza - Wheat Ridge pizza - Colorado beer - Right Coast Pizza (a short 1.8 mile walk from my house)

Old 08-02-2013, 08:36 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,464,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
I am also a fan of the pizza at:
HOME | Parisi (4 blocks from my house)
and
Right Coast Pizza - Wheat Ridge pizza - Colorado beer - Right Coast Pizza (a short 1.8 mile walk from my house)
I like Parisi, but have never had pizza there.

Hops & Pie's pie of the month:
Quote:
Vintage Farms Flank, Bacon & Sweet Onion Puree, Queso de la Canasta, Pepitas, Scorched Olathe Corn, House Pickled Sweet Peppers
(Finished with finished with chimichurri sauce)
What could be more Colorado for pizza (and please don't say Beau Jo's)

Old 08-02-2013, 09:26 AM

618 posts, read 1,360,050 times
I ordered a Chicago-style deep dish pizza and they gave me an old boot filled with orange juice!
kyle kinane: deep dish - YouTube.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:18 AM

17,921 posts, read 27,317,512 times
I'm sort of done trying to find the best NY or Chicago pizza in Colorado.

I'm into just finding a nice mom n pop place and enjoying what they got. To sit there and say that wood fired or whatever 850 degree ovens don't make good food because it's not exactly like you get in NY is taking yourself and your opinions way too seriously imo.

You also can't get a bagel like you can on the eastern seaboard. Oh well. Fix me what you got and put a garlic smear on it.

Maybe you would have to pump the humidity up to 65% and cook your pizza in a decompression chamber.

The donuts up at the top of Pikes Peak are fine. Let's see some New Yorker go up there and do that from scratch.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:35 AM

26,134 posts, read 48,779,992 times
Recently tried Marco's Pizza and found it surprisingly good. We don't eat deep dish anything; too much bread for our liking.

We found a Marco's specialty pizza, the "Pepperoni Magnifico," to be really good and suggest people try it.

I don't mind running the oven in cooler weather as it helps to heat the house, so we are Papa Murphy's fans those 7-8 months. When in A/C season, we buy ready made pizza.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:39 AM

2,885 posts, read 7,106,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
. . .

What could be more Colorado for pizza (and please don't say Beau Jo's)
And here I was just about to say Beau Jo's, but it has to be at the original location in Idaho Springs, stopping on the way home after a full day of skiing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver