U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,007 times

Advertisements

Looking for the right area to open Pizza/Pasta restaurant in the Denver area suburbs.
Highlands Ranch, Littleton, Cherry Creek and Parker have been recommended.
Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2013, 05:58 PM

2,181 posts, read 5,607,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS007 View Post
Looking for the right area to open Pizza/Pasta restaurant in the Denver area suburbs.
Really depends on the type of restaurant (casual? upscale?) and your target demographic.

For instance, I wouldn't recommend a Pizza Hut for Cherry Creek.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:17 PM

4,866 posts, read 9,600,682 times
Isn't there some research that a business owner does relating to things like demographics, existing similar restaurants, etc.? Aren't there companies that provide that support? Asking a bunch of unknown strangers on an anonymous forum just doesn't seem like a very educated or logical way to get this information.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:07 PM

13,934 posts, read 20,147,657 times
Default No kidding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
Isn't there some research that a business owner does
It is not a spam post, but I don't know what it is.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:50 AM

14,174 posts, read 23,191,691 times
Hopefully it'll be good pizza that will put an end to the other thread about how Denver doesn't have any good pizza

Old 03-27-2013, 10:12 AM

356 posts, read 513,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Hopefully it'll be good pizza that will put an end to the other thread about how Denver doesn't have any good pizza
It won't, it will morph into "Worst thing about Denver - Italian Beef Sandwiches" or "Worst thing about Denver - Philly Cheese steak"

Old 03-27-2013, 12:58 PM

12,228 posts, read 8,008,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS007 View Post
Don't do it. It will fail here. Refer to this: The worst thing about Denver - Pizza

Old 03-27-2013, 02:24 PM

4,743 posts, read 3,714,365 times
Yeah, odd post.

If I was opening a restaurant I would start with a listing of existing restaurants in areas of consideration, ratings, any information available on these companies (making money/losing money), and their demographics

Would understand my customer segment. What core group of customers is my pizza place going at. How does that overlap competitors. I.e. Pizza Doodle versus Hops & Pie. What segment of customer taste/preferences are underserved (some may say North East transplants but there are probally more of those pizza hating californias here than North east).

Then use demographic information for the cities/counties to determine where the segment I am looking to attack is best served.

Focus Groups then qualative research to ensure that my concept is on-point with the segment and profiles of the customers I am looking to serve.

Though if you want my segment - I want real coal fired pizza. Fresh Clam's on white. . .with a taste profile that meets/matches/exceeds Frank Pepe out of Fairfield or New Haven.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:24 PM

356 posts, read 513,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Yeah, odd post.

If I was opening a restaurant I would start with a listing of existing restaurants in areas of consideration, ratings, any information available on these companies (making money/losing money), and their demographics

Would understand my customer segment. What core group of customers is my pizza place going at. How does that overlap competitors. I.e. Pizza Doodle versus Hops & Pie. What segment of customer taste/preferences are underserved (some may say North East transplants but there are probally more of those pizza hating californias here than North east).

Then use demographic information for the cities/counties to determine where the segment I am looking to attack is best served.

Focus Groups then qualative research to ensure that my concept is on-point with the segment and profiles of the customers I am looking to serve.

Though if you want my segment - I want real coal fired pizza. Fresh Clam's on white. . .with a taste profile that meets/matches/exceeds Frank Pepe out of Fairfield or New Haven.
Sounds to me like you should open one

Old 03-27-2013, 03:29 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,295,471 times
Broadway and C-470, so it's close to my work. Not really any good pizza places around there either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or