Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 08:27 AM

136 posts, read 460,729 times

Advertisements

OK Folks

I've seen an absolute plethora of food threads as of late and I want to add one more that's near and dear to my heart....Barbecue.

KC style, Memphis dry rub, North Carolina pulled pork, Texas brisket, it doesn't matter I love it all. For a metro area the sheer size of Denver, with roots in western and mid-western cultural heritage, one would think that this city would have a wider selection of choices and/or even a distinct style of it's own. Sadly, I have not found this to be the case thus far in my quest for meaty goodness...

Every suburb has a "Famous Dave's'" or "Texas Roadhouse"_ What I'm looking for in particular are the local joints, or even smaller chains that offer great BBQ/sides/fixins for a good price. It can be a take-out window, a food truck, or a sit-down restaurant.....just curious to see where Denver is hiding it's BBQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 02:30 PM

431 posts, read 982,185 times
The Old Man in Westminster on 120th next to the Walmart east of Sheridan has some great food. It's a small place and the owner is great. We chatted with him on a slow day. I don't remember what we got, but he brought us out some wings to try and they were really good. Jim n Nick's is pretty good too, but it's a chain joint.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:57 PM

698 posts, read 2,046,591 times
The Rib House. Locations in Longmont and Boulder.

The Rib House | Best Ribs | Boulder and Longmont, Colorado

And KT's

KT's Real Good BBQ

OMG this thread is making me hungry.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:08 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,550,461 times
I have heard good things about Boney's, but I have not been yet.

Flash Page

Old 03-29-2013, 06:10 PM

26 posts, read 108,361 times
Yazoo BBQ is great.. in centennial at arapahoe and I-25. They got these bacon and jalapeno wrapped chicken breats that are freaking awesome

Old 03-30-2013, 08:06 AM

136 posts, read 460,729 times
Been to Jim and Nick's (Stapleton) and I'd have to say that's been my favorite in Denver so far: great food for a chain. Good North Carolina style (vinegar based sauces), and their sweet tea is perfect. I'm loving these other suggestions, and can't wait to go try them . Keep em' coming!

Old 03-30-2013, 11:05 AM

431 posts, read 982,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoonik View Post
Been to Jim and Nick's (Stapleton) and I'd have to say that's been my favorite in Denver so far: great food for a chain. Good North Carolina style (vinegar based sauces), and their sweet tea is perfect. I'm loving these other suggestions, and can't wait to go try them . Keep em' coming!
If you haven't tried it yet, the baked potato covered in cheese, sour cream, butter, bacon, and your choice of BBQ is excellent at J&N's. I lived in Raleigh, NC for 3 years and miss the great BBQ there. We even catered BBQ for our wedding Probably wasn't great for my health though hahaha.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:54 PM

431 posts, read 1,241,211 times
Yazoo downtown is my favorite, at 21st & Broadway. Memphis- style. For Oklahoma/Texas style I like Brothers at 6th & Washington. There are several other metro area locations.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:14 AM

3,158 posts, read 6,121,282 times
While I still contend that the best place to get barbecue around here is Kansas City, here are a few places that are decent:

Rib City on Kipling and Chatfield in South Jeffco
Moe's on South Broadway in Englewood
Country Time on the Hampden Service Rd between Federal and River Pt. Pkwy.

Barbecue places in Denver tend to have very good sauces, but the meat is hit and miss. I have had more good experience than bad with these restaurants. I like Rib City best, they have a great pulled pork sandwich and a very good beef brisket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver