U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 09:51 AM

8 posts, read 20,800 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are close to deciding to build a D R Horton home in Buckley Ranch. Just wondering what residents of the "new" Commerce City are saying about the area now. I know there's supposed to be new commercial going up at 104th & E-470 as well. Thanks all
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 10:04 AM

13,947 posts, read 20,190,335 times
Default Schools

The nearest elementary school
SECOND CREEK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Overall Grade: F
Source: https://coloradoschoolgrades.com

Last edited by davebarnes; 04-03-2013 at 10:17 AM..

Old 04-03-2013, 10:10 AM

Hmm, interesting. We have friends that have kids going there and they really like the school. What about the charter in that area?

Old 09-17-2013, 09:52 PM

1 posts, read 3,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj31016 View Post
My wife and I are close to deciding to build a D R Horton home in Buckley Ranch. Just wondering what residents of the "new" Commerce City are saying about the area now. I know there's supposed to be new commercial going up at 104th & E-470 as well. Thanks all
Just wondering if you built with DR Horton at Buckley Ranch and how the process went? I've read many negative reviews on their poor quality and customer service. I'm hoping that's no longer a problem and would love to hear your experience.

Old 10-24-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinker View Post
Just wondering if you built with DR Horton at Buckley Ranch and how the process went? I've read many negative reviews on their poor quality and customer service. I'm hoping that's no longer a problem and would love to hear your experience.
Yes we did, and are closing tomorrow. I've kept up with the process from ground breaking till now, and it's been such a seamless process. Everyone from the sales reps to the head foreman for the job to even the really cool sub-contractors I interacted with has been great. Every builder receives a bad rap from time to time due to different issues, and a builder as large as DR Horton is definitely going to receive it's fair share of criticism online.

With that being said, before we signed on the dotted line, I walked the neighborhood. I knocked on doors and talked to residents. I went to the schools, and talked to parents. Talked to the faculty. Talked to people at the grocery store up the street. I refuse to believe everything I read because in my experience, people tend to be way more negative and critical online about their reviews of a business or product than positive. I guess it makes sense, because if everything was great, what's the point in going online and saying everything went smooth? After speaking to many people, researching the area, thinking about how we liked the proximity to work and family, we knew it was a good decision for us, and we cannot be happier.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:52 PM

13,947 posts, read 20,190,335 times
Default Some people are smarter than others

Quote:
before we signed on the dotted line, I walked the neighborhood
Happy Days.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:59 PM

3,530 posts, read 8,720,267 times
Hi cj - it's been a year and I'm wondering how you like Buckley Ranch? I started a thread on High Point some time ago, and I believe it was you who mentioned your buy in Commerce City. We've been batting around the idea of building, or getting a quick move in (new build) and just cannot decide. We don't want to have to sell our house and move into a rental, and so the quick move ins look good to us.

How are you liking your new neighborhood? Commute to downtown time during rush hour?

Old 04-21-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverLawGal View Post
Hi cj - it's been a year and I'm wondering how you like Buckley Ranch? I started a thread on High Point some time ago, and I believe it was you who mentioned your buy in Commerce City. We've been batting around the idea of building, or getting a quick move in (new build) and just cannot decide. We don't want to have to sell our house and move into a rental, and so the quick move ins look good to us.

How are you liking your new neighborhood? Commute to downtown time during rush hour?
We love it out here. They're selling like crazy (base price of our home is 30K higher than what we went under contract for this time last year), and it's exactly what we've wanted. We have an incredible view of the mountains, quiet neighborhood, great neighbors, and I definitely like the diversity in both race and age.

Commute...well, I now work mainly from home, but when I do commute into downtown Denver during rush hour, 30 minutes. This is mainly because of I-25 and I-270 inter-changes as you drive down I-76. If there's a snow storm however, getting out of this area is horrible as well since the roads really haven't been expanded to support the large amount of people that have moved out here. However, good times are coming...

New rec center is being built at 112th and Chambers, more and more commerce is coming as there are so many families out here now. We voted to expand Tower road, which will now have enough bandwidth to support more commerce and housing at 104th and Tower. More parks coming. Highway 2 is being expanded as well to help with traffic. The community is very excited about the growth, and I've been just stunned at the transparency with the Commerce City government on what is going on in the area.

Is it perfect? Nope. I can come up with a few complaints, but we're happy overall, and I love that I can kick it on my back deck with a beer, and see this.

Good luck!!

Old 04-21-2014, 01:50 PM

5,444 posts, read 4,811,646 times
Quote:

Is it perfect? Nope. I can come up with a few complaints, but we're happy overall, and I love that I can kick it on my back deck with a beer, and see this.

Good luck!!
Nice picture!! And it looks like you are high enough up so that even if more development is done in between you and the mountains, you will still have your view.

Old 05-19-2015, 03:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,787 times
Hi CJ. My husband and I, our 1 year old little girl, and 2 dogs are moving into buckley ranch at the end of June 2015. I was wondering how you liked living there? We drove around at different times of the day but didn't see anyone outside. It is a quiet neighborhood as far as we could tell (which we like) but didn't meet anyone. Positives? Negatives? I read above that there was a new rec center being built? Can't wait to be in our new home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or