U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 03:16 PM

2 posts, read 2,794 times

Advertisements

My wife has an opportunity to transfer from her job here in Chattanooga, TN, to Centennial, CO. I want to be close to Denver proper, so I'm looking for somewhere literally in the middle of Denver and Centennial, or as close to that as possible.

It's just us two at the moment, so we only need a 1 bedroom apartment, but the catch is our price range is $575 a month or less. Is this even possible in this area? I've been googling for a while now with little luck, so I made an account here in hopes of getting better detail. Thanks for reading
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 03:22 PM

6,937 posts, read 6,548,353 times
I'm not sure you are going to find much ANYWHERE in the metro area for $575, at least nothing that I would consider a decent place to live.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:28 PM

20,896 posts, read 39,162,901 times
Look at padmapper.com --- I'd doubt that much of anything is there at that price point.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 04-16-2013, 03:31 PM

2 posts, read 2,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I'm not sure you are going to find much ANYWHERE in the metro area for $575, at least nothing that I would consider a decent place to live.
Well, I would be willing to be south of denver, closer to Centennial. There's just so many little areas that apartment hunting has been insane.

edit: west of Centennial would work do. I'm willing to drive 20-30 minutes to Denver.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:01 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,654,801 times
$575? Pfft, that might get you a studio apartment on Poet's Row in Cap Hill (basically a bunch of "historic" apartment buildings that are very outdated).

I'm pretty sure you won't find much of anything for that amount unless you're in a not so pleasant neighborhood like North Aurora, close to where the med students live.

Check craigslist or padmapper. You never know.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:16 PM

6,937 posts, read 6,548,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parzuval View Post
Well, I would be willing to be south of denver, closer to Centennial. There's just so many little areas that apartment hunting has been insane.

edit: west of Centennial would work do. I'm willing to drive 20-30 minutes to Denver.
Centennial is metro area. Metro area = Denver and all surrounding suburbs.

Old 04-16-2013, 04:46 PM

14,014 posts, read 20,323,805 times
Default Quoting a famous philosopher

Old 04-16-2013, 10:47 PM

4,900 posts, read 9,661,665 times
You might be able to find something like a room or rooms in someone's basement for that price. Rental market in Denver is REALLY tight right now. Instead of targeting an area that you think you want to live in, I suggest that you try to find something in your price range somewhere in the Denver metro area. Then you can check back here to see if we recommend you living in that neighborhood.

Old 04-17-2013, 09:59 AM

4,308 posts, read 11,800,334 times
You won't find anything in the Denver area for that price that will also be a nice place to live. You might find a studio. You either need to live in the suburbs or find a way to increase your budget.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:18 AM

459 posts, read 674,520 times
I know people who have found places around that price in Capitol Hill and Cheesman Park. They already lived in Denver and were vigilant on Craigslist, et al. when looking for a new place. Of course the places they found are dumps, but for that price they fixed them up a little themselves. Those neighborhoods are quite a trek from Centennial and I wouldn't recommend that commute.

You might be able to find a place in one of the 50's/60's apartment complexes near Colorado and I25, or in the older areas of Englewood and Littleton. None of them are going to be high quality buildings, and it is going to be very tough to find something at that price remotely.

Cost of housing is significantly higher in Denver relative to the South. If you can find some room in your budget I would up it (IE if you have two cars live near frequent transit and downsize to one).

Last edited by robertgoodman; 04-17-2013 at 10:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or