U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 07:25 PM

106 posts, read 146,824 times

Advertisements

Greetings,

I am looking at a job near the mint in Denver. What is the commute time like between Morrison/Evergreen and the area near the mint? THX!

Happy Trails,

MtMtnMan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 07:33 PM

106 posts, read 146,824 times
Default Outdoor Towns near Denver...?

Greetings,

I am looking at taking a job near the mint in Denver. I am looking at Morrison and Evergreen for location. I really enjoy living near the outdoors and love hiking. I like to live close to the trails, but still have a reasonable commute. Can you recommend any other areas that I should look at?

Job will pay between 50,000 and 60,000. I really enjoy being near greenspace and trails. Any nice towns fit my bill? THX.

Happy Trails,

MtMtnMan

Old 04-17-2013, 10:10 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,842,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtMtnMan View Post
Greetings,

I am looking at taking a job near the mint in Denver. I am looking at Morrison and Evergreen for location. I really enjoy living near the outdoors and love hiking. I like to live close to the trails, but still have a reasonable commute. Can you recommend any other areas that I should look at?

Job will pay between 50,000 and 60,000. I really enjoy being near greenspace and trails. Any nice towns fit my bill? THX.

Happy Trails,

MtMtnMan
Which one? Morrison and Evergreen are about 10 miles apart. Evergreen is 28 miles (45 - 60 min.) from Denver on I-70 & US-6. Morrison is 17 miles (maybe 30 min.) from Denver on C-470 and US 6. Both have trails nearby. You should probably visit the areas and check them out.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:13 PM

3,111 posts, read 4,882,341 times
There are several areas on the west side of town that would fit the bill.

You could live in Golden and be close to North Table Mtn Park and South Table Mtn Park. Both have excellent hiking opportunities.

You could live in Lakewood near Green Mountain. There are several hiking trails very close by, and you could be in the mountains in a matter of 10 minutes.

These two locations are also near the new West Rail line which can take you to downtown.

You could also live in South Lakewood near the Bear Creek trail and Bear Creek Lake Park or in the Ken Caryl area of town. Lots of hiking and close to the mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or