Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 09:39 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,030,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marat View Post
From the Denver Official Visitor's Guide we have: June 81.4, July 88.2, and August 85.5. I don't have a link. I got it from the one my hand.
That would be the same Denver Official Visitor's Guide that says that the snow in Denver always melts in a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
According to your list, Los Angles is 73%. Is LA not in the "sunbelt" either? Does the sunbelt magically change above 72%? How about Miami, FL at 70%? Is Miami a cloudy place? That one percent must make a big difference.

I think that it is fair to say that most people consider LA to be a very sunny city and Denver is only 4% points lower. The same goes for Miami which is only 1% more sunny on your list. On that same list, Atlanta is 60%, Chicago is 58%, Jacksonville, FL is 63%.

Despite what you seem to want everyone to believe, It is not unreasonable to say that Denver is a very sunny city. It is not a dreary, cloudy place like Seattle which was at 43% on your list.
As I have said, my personal issues with Denver's weather is not with lack of sunshine. I think the amount of sunshine in Denver would probably be more the adequate for most people. My issues are with Denver's extremely long winter, the snow (which doesn't always melt quickly) and the sub-frezzing and even sib-zero temperatures, which Denverites have to endure. That for me (and I suspect for many others who don't like cold weather) is intolerable.

BTW, if the amount sunshine is the sole concern for someone choosing a place to live, I still think Denver would be a very poor choice. Since just about any place closer to the Mexican Border would offer much more sunshine.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:28 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post

Meanwhile for the last two weeks, it looks like Denver has been snowing and raining almost everyday except for about four days. Yesterday according to the weather sites it was a balmy 29 degrees with snow in Denver. But I'm sure the sun probably peaked through the clouds for about 15 minutes to make the Colorado natives happy.
I must have misunderstood you.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:39 AM

8,605 posts, read 14,891,340 times
Default Chicago, Dallas, and Denver - 7/23/2012

Chicago's high was 97, Dallas 98, and Denver 100. Sunset was between 8:20 and 8:30pm local time for each city. The humidity bottomed out at 34% in Chicago, 41% in Dallas, and 11% in Denver. You could still sleep with the windows open in Denver. Chicago or Dallas? Not so much.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:49 AM

833 posts, read 1,712,730 times
Quote:
I don't mind clouds. I think I could actually enjoy the weather in Pacific Northwest, if I got used to it.

Actually my personal issues with Denver's weather is not with lack of sunshine. But rather with the snow and freezing temperatures. When I'm enjoying sunny 80 degree weather in California, and I hear that Denver is in the 20s and has a foot of snow on the ground, that makes me very happy I don't live in Denver anymore. I mean thats a 60 degree temperature difference.
Well now we are talking about something totally different and I can't contest what you say... I can disagree because it's a matter of taste though.

I'm at almost 18 or 19 years in Tucson (the sun has baked the exact number out of my head) where we have plenty of sunny, warm weather and let me tell you, I am sick of it. It's not just the heat, it's the monotony.

Today, sunny and warm, tomorrow, sunny and warm, by the weekend it's going to cool down 5 degrees and get windy with a chance of showers. Oh, wait, never mind, that storm missed us, it will be sunny and warm. The season's stop to matter, one day flows into another, one month flows into another and it's all the same.

Old 04-25-2013, 05:10 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
That would be the same Denver Official Visitor's Guide that says that the snow in Denver always melts in a day.

Hmmmm....I couldn't find that part. Please post.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Hmmmm....I couldn't find that part. Please post.
Snow doesn’t stay on the ground long in Denver so golf courses and outdoor cafes are able to stay open all year.

Yeah, right.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:26 AM

136 posts, read 460,896 times
I just want some leaves on the trees and for it to green up a bit more by this point in the year. Travel down to Dallas or Atlanta today and it's been glorious green spring for more than a month. Denver, still as brown as February (at least for a couple more weeks). If winter (and snow) ended two months earlier, this climate would be perfect.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:48 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,559,641 times
I'm sorry, I still don't understand what you are trying to say. Are you contesting that snow does not stay on the ground year all winter? The snow always melts because we do get a lot of sun. That is very different than many other snowy places. Every winter here is different and certainly there are some where it is colder and more snowy than others, but you are making this place out to be Alaska. Is it Southern California? Of course not. Compared to any other place I've been that really gets four seasons we have it the best. If you don't like four seasons, you shouldn't live here. Actually, if you don't liked four seasons in the same week you probably shouldn't live here. For a lot of us that's fantastic. Now take your grumpy, warm weather loving, snow hating ass back to the San Jose forum and quit trolling this place.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:34 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
People DO golf in Denver throughout the winter on the warm days. And restaurants with outdoor areas DO use them in winter on warm day. Certainly not all the time, but there are warm days when it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver