Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 07:09 AM

1,123 posts, read 3,110,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaustin View Post
It's a figure of speech.
Yeah, I got that. But the term implies either:

A.) Demarcated areas in Nazi-occupied Poland where Jews were forced to live.
B.) areas of US cities in the 80's where black people lived and were full of gang violence.

So again, WHY would you want to live in something called a 'student ghetto'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 07:11 AM

532 posts, read 1,068,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_reino View Post
Yeah, I got that. But the term implies either:

A.) Demarcated areas in Nazi-occupied Poland where Jews were forced to live.
B.) areas of US cities in the 80's where black people lived and were full of gang violence.

So again, WHY would you want to live in something called a 'student ghetto'?
No, you don't get it.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:33 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times
Quote:
Oh, that sounds appealing. Are there areas around Denver where rental houses are available; I guess I don't mind driving.
$800 is tough for a whole house anywhere close to the city. You can get a decent 1br or maybe 2 br apartment for that much if you go to the suburbs.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
$800 is tough for a whole house anywhere close to the city. You can get a decent 1br or maybe 2 br apartment for that much if you go to the suburbs.
It sounds like that's what I'm going to need to do. Could you tell me what the suburbs are, and which ones to avoid?

Old 05-15-2013, 02:56 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times
Englewood and Littleton would probably be your best bets locationwise, but pickings are slim at you price point. If you go up to $1000 it will probably open more.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 05-15-2013 at 03:38 PM..

Old 05-15-2013, 03:20 PM

2,886 posts, read 7,134,165 times
Quote:
A friend of mine found a pregnant cat at her door several months ago, loves the cat but cannot keep the kittens. I've decided to take all five. They're weaned now, litter box trained and eating solid food. It's going to cost me a fortune, but I don't care. I'm retired and am in love with them already; she's bringing them over at 1:00 today. I'm so happy! Look how beautiful they are:. .
You posted the above in the cat forum a few weeks ago. Are you planning to bring all 5 of your cats with you? That will make the apartment search even more difficult. (In your opening post you mentioned 3 cats - hard enough.)

Last edited by suzco; 05-15-2013 at 04:09 PM..

Old 05-15-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzco View Post
You posted the above in the cat forum a few weeks ago. Are you planning to bring all 5 of your cats with you? That will make the apartment search even more difficult. (In your opening post you mentioned 3 cats - hard enough.)
No, I'm down to two...

Old 05-15-2013, 04:50 PM

48 posts, read 101,959 times
Quote:
Oh, that sounds appealing. Are there areas around Denver where rental houses are available; I guess I don't mind driving.
The E, F, and H Light Rail lines all stop very conveniently at the University station; if you are a student or employee you can get a great Eco Pass too. Take a look at a map of those lines, and expand your search area along those areas. Doing that should help you find something that fits your room and budget requirements; because the University neighborhood, as others have mentioned, can be quite pricey. There is no 'student ghetto' like in a lot of college towns, Denver is just a mid sized city with a couple Universities here. Good luck and enjoy Denver.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:10 PM

529 posts, read 1,547,633 times
Quote:
It sounds like that's what I'm going to need to do. Could you tell me what the suburbs are, and which ones to avoid?

Good decision. You may consider the area around the Denver Tech Center along I-25. In addition to Denver, the suburbs in this area are Centennial, Greenwood Village, and Cherry Hills Village. There are some $800 a month apartments near I-25 and Hampden Ave which is south Denver, the Apartments are near the Southmoor light rail station and only a 10 minute ride to DU. They all seem like nice ones too. Pet deposits apply, but pets are welcome at most apartments in Denver.

Here are some of the apartments in this area. I used to work in this area and it's nice.

http://www.liveatprescott.com/

http://www.tamaracvillageapartments.com/

http://www.hampdenheights-apts.com/

Old 05-15-2013, 07:27 PM

31 posts, read 64,372 times
Wow! $800 a month in the tech center for 2 BR?

I was thinking further east on Evans has some places. Used to work in that area. Wouldn't define it as "ghetto" more like dumpy and cheap. That would be more realistic. Had a pan-handler come up to me in that area, and some dude holding a sign "need money for vodka" - at least he was honest.

The DTC is expensive but nice, :if: you can find something under 1K there go for it. Yes, Hampden is a good area, even Yale might have some places near the rail that would be affordable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver