Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 794 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone!

So I'm a born and raised Florida girl who is going into her senior year at FSU. I'm looking at graduate programs in Colorado and although I've got some time to think it over, your opinion and help would be really appreciated. I've visited Colorado twice, but it was a while back. Even though my magnetism towards Colorado is strong, I honestly don't have a clue what my appeal is even based on haha!

Currently I'm an exercise science major. Originally, I wanted to leave FSU and attend graduate school to become a physician's assistant. My plans have morphed and I've now found that I'll be much more suited as a nurse practitioner. While at FSU I've been involved in Marching Chiefs and campus band, playing trombone, baritone, and flute. I also enjoy running, looking up new healthy exercises and recipes, working with animals at the shelter, and doing intramural sports. I also am a certified EMT and like volunteering in FSU first responders, at the hospital, and being involved in AMWA (American Medical Women's Association) and AXS (a co-ed chemistry fraternity).

I grew up in south Florida and was basically raised in the ocean. I've always had an admiration for nature of all kinds and I attribute my love for the natural world with my desire to pursue a life filled with science of all forms. I like to dip my hand in everything as you can see haha!

I really appreciate my parents and how much they did for me growing up. We always took humble but memorable family vacations and one of my favorites was our trip to Colorado. I've always wanted to move out of state and I think this is the time to jump on that opportunity! I plan on going back to Colorado before I make my decision and really explore the area, but I'm just trying to test the waters on whether or not I should pick a school in Denver or Colorado Springs.

I love the outdoors and I even plan to hike part of the Appalachian with my boyfriend this summer. I'd like to imagine I'd spend my free time in the mountains and trails and surrounding areas that Colorado has to offer but I think living in Denver would also be amazing. Right now, I'm leaning towards Denver with the idea that I could just drive to some more rural areas. Any advice or local opinions would help. Thanks a bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 06:10 PM

977 posts, read 1,328,246 times
If you're going the DNP route then you'll probably want to go to school in Denver. While UCCS also has a DNP, the CU Denver program is highly regarded and ranked higher than UCCS.

However, if you want to continue a traditional college experience (and are factoring that in), UCCS would be a better choice as CU Denver, especially the medical school, has nothing like a traditional college campus. UCCS, while not an old, established campus, is slowly morphing into a traditional residential college instead of a commuter one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver