U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should I Pick Denver?
Yes 27 77.14%
No 8 22.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 01:46 PM

15 posts, read 45,883 times

Advertisements

I am a young business professional trapped in the retirement state, better know as Florida. In the summer of 2008 I plan on moving to a new state and Denver, Colorado is one of my top 5 picks. Here a list of bullet points about me and my lifestyle.

* I am 26 years old single male
* I work in information technology and marketing
* I enjoy going out to various bars and nightclubs at least twice a week
* I am into snowboarding, mountain biking and various water sports

So, do you think that Denver might be the right place for me in 2008?

I would also like to hear some pros and cons about living in Denver from people around my own age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 01:53 PM

33 posts, read 83,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr33Ag3nt View Post
I am a young business professional trapped in the retirement state, better know as Florida. In the summer of 2008 I plan on moving to a new state and Denver, Colorado is one of my top 5 picks. Here a list of bullet points about me and my lifestyle.

I would also like to hear some pros and cons about living in Denver from people around my own age.

Yes, I think so.

I'll leave the pros and cons, most of them, up to
other people. I do like most of the weather, I don't
like the pollution downtown, but we don't have a
whole lot of pollution except downtown, and even
there it's not bad compared to some places! ^_^

=^___^=

Old 10-31-2007, 04:17 PM

2 posts, read 5,173 times
Default Denver is perfect for you

Hi, Denver is perfect for you, from your criteria in your post. I just moved here and none of that criteria applies to me - but from what I can see in the last eight weeks, it's everything Denver - plus, it's sunny and warm here all the time, even when it's cold it's sunny. Good luck. I'm thinking about Tampa because of its liberal arts college and beautiful campus and downtown Tampa. tre

Old 10-31-2007, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tregirl View Post
Hi, Denver is perfect for you, from your criteria in your post. I just moved here and none of that criteria applies to me - but from what I can see in the last eight weeks, it's everything Denver - plus, it's sunny and warm here all the time, even when it's cold it's sunny. Good luck. I'm thinking about Tampa because of its liberal arts college and beautiful campus and downtown Tampa. tre
If you don't mind me asking... where did your live before you moved to Denver?

I have lived in the Tampa Bay Area for the better part of my life. I still find myself heading back down there just about every other week or so just to get away from Orlando. The University of Tampa is a great school for liberal arts. I know many people that have gone there and loved every minute of it.

Old 10-31-2007, 05:27 PM

1,872 posts, read 5,778,278 times
Except for the "water sports" bit, Denver seems to fit the bill. Although I'm not really familiar with the bar/nightclub scene, friends who are seem to do fine in Denver.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:25 AM

456 posts, read 1,437,915 times
I just moved here from Chicago. I'm a 27 year old female "young professional" as well. You'd like it if you are into the outdoors. I've not been to any clubs yet but have gone to a few bars. I'm more into chilled out places that have good brews on tap, and if you are a beer snob like myself you will love it here.

You might want to check out LoDo, it's by the ballpark and lots of bars, clubs and restaurants. I live there and love it most of the time. It does get kind of crazy, but that was also during the World Series and I expected that.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:28 AM

636 posts, read 2,089,623 times
Quote:

I believe Denver was ranked number 1 mid-size city for cycling trails. No need to comment on the snow sports. Lots of IT jobs. I vote yes.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmoney View Post
I just moved here from Chicago. I'm a 27 year old female "young professional" as well. You'd like it if you are into the outdoors. I've not been to any clubs yet but have gone to a few bars. I'm more into chilled out places that have good brews on tap, and if you are a beer snob like myself you will love it here.

You might want to check out LoDo, it's by the ballpark and lots of bars, clubs and restaurants. I live there and love it most of the time. It does get kind of crazy, but that was also during the World Series and I expected that.
Chicago was on my list, but after spending 2 weeks there I changed my mind. The city has a lot to offer, but it was a little too much for me. I'm more into chilled out places as well. All I need is a great beer selection and good music, preferably some smooth ambient beats. I love nightclubs, but I can only handle them once every 3 months or so. *wow, I sound like an old man...*

I have been looking at a place called Glass House that is one block away from the LoDo area. It looks like a really cool area.

Thanks for the information Katmoney. If I end up in LoDo I will have to take you out for a few beers.

Old 11-01-2007, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory View Post
I believe Denver was ranked number 1 mid-size city for cycling trails. No need to comment on the snow sports. Lots of IT jobs. I vote yes.
That is sweet! I'm just about sold on that news alone. I'm might be bring more tech jobs into the area. I will be relocating 2 of my 3 tech companies to wherever I end up moving.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:18 PM

456 posts, read 1,437,915 times
Quote:
Chicago was on my list, but after spending 2 weeks there I changed my mind. The city has a lot to offer, but it was a little too much for me. I'm more into chilled out places as well. All I need is a great beer selection and good music, preferably some smooth ambient beats. I love nightclubs, but I can only handle them once every 3 months or so. *wow, I sound like an old man...*

I have been looking at a place called Glass House that is one block away from the LoDo area. It looks like a really cool area.

Thanks for the information Katmoney. If I end up in LoDo I will have to take you out for a few beers.

OOOH..the Glass House is gorgeous. I take my dog for walks by there-it is by the trails running along Cherry Creek and the Platte River. A really great location. If I decide to stay here long term I'm going to look to live closer to that area.

As for ambient beats-I've yet to find any place in Denver that plays that kinda music, but then again I couldn't really find it in Chicago either. It's great lounge music!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or