U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 10:22 AM

41 posts, read 145,488 times

Advertisements

Thank you Pittnurse70. I'll check those places out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 10:55 AM

2,970 posts, read 6,254,428 times
Just my two cents....

When I first moved here this summer I had to have an unexpected medical procedure done and I had no doctor or anything here. My OB/GYN back home actually recommended UCH and I was able to get in right away. My doctor and the whole staff there were wonderful and were very informative and reassuring. I was impressed with the building as well. In fact, I am going back there for my follow up next month because it was such a positive experience.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:50 PM

12 posts, read 20,642 times
Manny,

I have done mortgages and worked with a number of people that worked at UCH (doctors, nurses, staff) and they seemed to be satisfied. I do have to say that with the number of loans I originated for nurses and staff doctors in and around the Denver metro area, there seems to be a general high job satisfaction. I live in the Highlands Ranch which is south and there are 2 hospitals in the vicinity that when anyone in my family has needed their services, they have been great. Those Hospitals are Littleton and Sky Ridge (which is a couple of years old). The schools on this end of town tend to score higher than the central schools.

[ moderator cut ]

Old 09-17-2008, 08:50 PM

2 posts, read 3,220 times
I am a traveling RN and have been in the Denver area since Jan 2008. My first 2 contracts were with Exempla Good Samaritan in Lafayette, CO. I really don't recommend them. The hospital is new and the patients are fine, but no one in management has any idea what they are doing. They give you different assignments all the time, even if you're working 3 days in a row. They don't assign based on acuity. They'll give you 2 GI bleeds w/o even thinking about it. They're also really strict about attendance. I didn't have any issues b/c I'm not one to call out much, but a few of my coworkers got fired for calling off when they're kids were sick. They are also really bad about the schedule. I could go on and on. Just don't go there. I am currently at St. Joe's in Denver. It's much better. I'm told management is pretty solid on every unit. It's Kaiser- which I don't really care for, but the nursing staff is supportive and always asking if you need help. The aides aren't the greatest on my unit, but the aides who float from other units to my unit are really good. I hear good things about University of Colorado's hospital, but don't have any personal experience. I've heard Swedish is pretty insane. Good for Neuro tho - you'd learn tons, but work real hard. I've heard Pouder Valley in Fort Collins is really good. I'm told to stay away from the Medical Center of Aurora. I think that's all I can say. Good luck!

Old 09-22-2008, 08:23 AM

3,847 posts, read 6,748,725 times
I'm not a nurse, but can anyone offer insight on the radiology job market in Denver? I have not seen many jobs in the paper and that seemed discouraging. I am an MRI tech soon to be looking for work in Denver. I am experienced and have been a traveler for a while and looking to settle down.
any help is appreciated!

Old 09-22-2008, 05:47 PM

86,843 posts, read 102,174,122 times
I haven't worked in a hoptial for a long time. However, I have heard from some of my nursing acquaintances that St. Anthony's North is very flexible with hours, e.g. 4 hrs shifts, 6 hr shifts, 8 hr, 12 hrs. Can't verify that. The St. Anthony hospital system is part of Centura Health.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:02 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,425,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyfromCali View Post
Hello,

Anybody here work at the univesity hospital in Aurora? As an RN-ICU, I am interested in people's impression of it as a place to work. I know that it is a Magnet facility which are supposed to be supportive of nurses and pt. care. What about the culture, the politics, are nurses satisfied working there for the long term, are they unionized? I'm the type that does not want to bounce from hospital to hospital. I am looking for a favorable and supportive working environment as the primary requirement for the job. Please tell me what you know of this place. For that matter, are there other hospitals in Denver known for nurse employee's being very satisfied in their work environment?

I'm moving to the Denver area next year, God willing, so I would like to get some idea of what the Denver hospital scene of nursing is like. Having a target hospital would make it easier to decide on where to live. Thanks.
coming from a patient standpoint I could not be happier with university hospital. I frequent the Neuro department due to my MS, and what a wonderfull bunch of people. They get me in right away when I call, I don't have long waits for appts and the care is absolutely top notch.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,161 times
Smile Unionized hospitals

Yes, there are several in fact unionized hospitals in the Denver area.
Saint Josephs, Kaiser Permenante, Denver Health are just a few of thee.
They are organized under SEIU local 105. You'll love Denver it is a really pretty city with a big Union influence.

Take care, and good luck in your job hunt.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:45 PM

2,212 posts, read 4,594,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
My OB/GYN back home actually recommended UCH and I was able to get in right away. My doctor and the whole staff there were wonderful and were very informative and reassuring. I was impressed with the building as well. In fact, I am going back there for my follow up next month because it was such a positive experience.
I had my daughter there last year and I too couldn't have been happier with my experience. The doctors and nurses were fantastic.

The only complaint I had was the parking situation. Totally impossible but even the staff comments on it, so I guess everyone is annoyed. On a positive note, however, my other daughter (who's 6) always enjoyed looking down on the parking lot and watching the cars go round-and-round. She even started cheering for them as a space opened up.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:07 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,425,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I had my daughter there last year and I too couldn't have been happier with my experience. The doctors and nurses were fantastic.

The only complaint I had was the parking situation. Totally impossible but even the staff comments on it, so I guess everyone is annoyed. On a positive note, however, my other daughter (who's 6) always enjoyed looking down on the parking lot and watching the cars go round-and-round. She even started cheering for them as a space opened up.
you know, the parking is the most horrible that I have ever seen. I am there once per month to pick up my meds, takes me 5 min. to get my meds, and sometimes 30-45 min. to park my darn car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or