U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 08:19 PM

3,040 posts, read 10,427,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
[are you talking about jack in the box right ]
Yes, this is Jack In The Box.
It's on Colfax @ US-6 in Golden, just west of I-70, right next to Home Depot.

I just ate there the other night, before heading back home.
The funny thing is that I never would have realized there weren't any other Jack in the Box restaurants out there if it weren't for this thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 10:37 AM

215 posts, read 710,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom08 View Post
Whataburger PLEASE go to the Denver area...this Texas girl misses it so much!!!!!

They have one of those little places here in VA. A friend took me there for lunch. When I looked out over the run down little building that looked almost like an over grown shack I wondered what sort of slop they served.

Holy heart clogging cholesterol, Batman, it was good!!!

The old woman taking my order was hysterical as she repeated everything back to me in a weird way,

I ordered a double cheese burger with ketchup, mayo lettutce tomatoes and no pickles, no onions. She said in her smokers voices,.. "So you want ketchup, extra ketchup, mayo, extra mayo, pickles, take off the pickles, onions, take off the onions."

It was one of the best burgers I've ever eaten.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,392 times
I am from Texas and yes Jack in the Box is delicious. The curly fries are the best. I did see one here the other day when I was driving around don't remember where though. I am missing Whataburger, and wish they had one here.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:54 PM

13,228 posts, read 24,324,918 times
We have Jack In The Box here now (again). Don't go to the one in Aurora, it's always horrible, the Golden and Parker ones aren't much better. The Thornton one is usually good (but not open 24 hours ).

We even have exactly one (1) El Pollo Loco.

Last edited by Mike from back east; 03-15-2011 at 11:38 AM..

Old 03-12-2011, 10:48 AM

3,530 posts, read 8,722,124 times
Whaaaa? Point me to it!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
We even have exactly one (1) El Pollo Loco.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:55 AM

13,228 posts, read 24,324,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
Whaaaa? Point me to it!!!!!!!!
It's in the varrio on Federal between Mississippi and Florida. West side of the street.

Enjoy!

Old 03-12-2011, 11:03 AM

3,530 posts, read 8,722,124 times
David: I'm so there!!!!!!! The barrio doesn't scare me one bit. I think I was a chica in my prior life.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:29 PM

5,070 posts, read 9,064,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanttomoveeast View Post
David: I'm so there!!!!!!! The barrio doesn't scare me one bit. I think I was a chica in my prior life.
It always seems empty, I'm scared the next time I go there it will be closed. Having lived in Vegas for the last 10 years its hard to believe they only have one EPL in Denver. The manager there claimed the owner was going to build three more though, we'll see.

Old 03-14-2011, 10:45 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,009,684 times
Jack N the Box restaurants were all over parts of Denver back in the 1970's and early 1980's back before the rumor surfaced that they served kangaroo meat. I knew of at least one Taco Cabana in Boulder on 28th and Canyon; it was more or less considered a joke to the average Boulderite and it's doors only remained open for about three years. I am also almost certain there was a Wataburger across from Sloans Lake in EdgeWater till around 1980 or so. All these restaurants are more than underwhelming imo.
There is a Jack N the Box in Newport Beach off PCH and Balboa that some friends drag me to now and then, but for the life of me I don't see how it's any better than say Burger King..different tastes I suppose.

Give me Cherry Cricket/West End Tavern for a real burger or give me death.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:59 AM

14,174 posts, read 23,221,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
It's in the varrio on Federal between Mississippi and Florida. West side of the street.

Enjoy!
I don't eat fast food since I like to weigh what I'm supposed to and want to live beyond 60, BUT, we would occassionally get food from Pollo Loco in California and take it home. I just can't sit and eat in that environment, but the chicken, rice, veggies, and salsa are all fairly healthy. I had no clue they had one here. Too far out of my way though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or