U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 09:31 PM

27 posts, read 44,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Poway? Cary? Arvada?
Make up your mind.
Oh yeah and one more thing DAVE. How was that helping the answer the OPs question about schools? Once again why is it that someone who isn't even currently living in Denver can tell her more about the schools and attempt to be more helpful than you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 09:50 PM

2,514 posts, read 3,475,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Althea View Post
My daughter is currently in middle school in Boulder, but we are commuting from the mountain foothills and I am not sure I can do this for the next five years. I would move to Boulder if I could afford it, but it's not possible, so I'm looking around for an affordable alternative location with a great high school in or around Denver. I know the communities of Boulder fairly well, and we've looked at Lafayette as an option, but I'm curious about communities in Denver, Arvada and Littleton. We'll be looking for a 2 bedroom, pet friendly townhome under 200K that is in a safe neighborhood with parks, open space and/or bike trails and within walking distance to restaurants and the like. I'm looking forward to your comments about neighborhoods and high schools. My daughter is very active in theater and currently goes to an arts school in Boulder. Thank you in advance!
Have you looked at McKay Landing in Broomfield? It meets alot of your criteria, although I don't now about the theater program at Legacy High School.
Here is 2 bdrm for $184K. They also have a couple of brand new ones.
14300 Waterside Lane UNIT L4, Broomfield, CO 80023 | Listing Information | REcolorado
Very safe neighborhood with homes in the $400K-$500K range.
I've seen people's dogs on their patios so I know they allow pets.
Right next to McKay Lake with trails around it and connecting to it. Can also walk on the trails to the high school or the Plaster Reservoir. There is a dog park within walking distance for us but might be a bit far for most people. Very close by car.
Can walk to King Sooper. There is also Mexican, pizza and Chinese restaurants along with some fast food, a bank, a frozen custard shop, take and bake pizza and mail store in the shopping plaza.
Very close to Orchard Town Center with free concerts in the summer, a fake farmers market, a good number of restaurants and a movie theater. Also has shopping. Very close to Lowes and Walmart.

Edited to add: This nearby theater always seems to have productions with kids in it going on:
http://www.northglenn.org/theatre

Old 05-21-2013, 09:59 PM

3,111 posts, read 4,869,499 times
Let's start with high schools:

The best neighborhood high schools in the metro area are:
1. Cherry Creek HS - Greenwood Village
2. Fairview HS - Boulder
3. Arapahoe HS - Littleton
4. Ralston Valley HS - Arvada
5. Rock Canyon HS - Highlands Ranch

Of these, Cherry Creek probably has the best arts programs (vocal music, instrumental music, theater, etc.).

Places to look to get a townhome in your price range as well as some walkability:
Centennial (CCHS) - Area around Arapahoe and Havana
Littleton - (Arapahoe) area around Southglenn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or