U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 11:48 AM

1,991 posts, read 3,482,145 times

Advertisements

I've often wondered if SLC has missed black people ever since Karl Malone left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 02:16 PM

360 posts, read 1,009,406 times
This forum is really going down hill. :-(

Old 06-03-2010, 02:10 AM

6 posts, read 10,317 times
Go for Salt Lake!

Old 06-15-2010, 08:12 PM

10 posts, read 47,685 times
Concur with this post! Visited last year and felt the same about the beauty of the land the aloofness of the people.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:41 PM

6 posts, read 10,188 times
Denver is Paris compared to utah. And far more open minded.Denver is easygoing,and lots of different people, still mountains and snow . no comparsion . Go to Denver. Also, the food is better. Mormon folk eat the fakiest food!

Old 10-17-2010, 11:14 AM

1,681 posts, read 3,178,690 times
Denver easy.

I lasted less than one year in Salt Lake City, but that was long before the Olympics showed up so maybe it is now more cosmopolitan/less mormon now (I hope).

Old 11-28-2010, 03:08 PM

23 posts, read 65,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCMAN View Post
SALT LAKE CITY is 10x better than Denver. I you want to go boating, you drive 45 min. If you want to go skiing , hiking, or camping, you drive 15 min to an hour. If you want to go the beautiful Red Rock Deserts than you drive only a couple hours. SLC is amazing and you will never be bored. The breath taking mountains are sooooooo close and the sunsets over the Great Salt Lake are AMAZING. I am not Mormon but I think the LDS are very nice and friendly. Most my neighbors are LDS and they would do anything to help me and my family. Down town SLC is very clean compared to the numerous times I have been to Denver. Utah has the best of both worlds!!!!
I think its the other way around In denver, if you want to go boating, you can go to a large reservoir,lol. Where i live (in Aurora colorado) There are 3 large reservoirs within 15-20 minutes away from my house! Also from where i live i can get to the mountains in under an hour, and i live All the way on the eastern side of the metro area. in Denver,theres easy access to many different well known mountain cities (Aspen,Winter park,Vail,Breckenridge,Grandy,Estes Park...etc In the front range urban corridor,there are many things to do besides the mountains as well. Downtown Auquarium,Elitch Gardens,Fishing,Great dinning,Downtown is lively,Sporting events are pretty frequent,Water world,Lakeside amusement park,Cherry Creek District,Outlet mall..and much much more! Downtown Denver I cant really say is cleaner than salt lakes, but Compared to alot of other places, DTD is very Clean. Colorado is truely amazing! SLC may be great,but in my opinion, SLC cant beat denver! lol

Old 11-28-2010, 04:40 PM

555 posts, read 1,036,234 times
sorry, SLC is much closer to the mountains and has superior skiing. alta, snowbird, solitude and brighton are only about 20 miles away. you can take a public city bus for a couple dollars and be there in 45 minutes. as a city, denver has more to offer, but the mountains and skiing are much closer in salt lake.

Old 11-29-2010, 06:56 PM

23 posts, read 65,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
sorry, SLC is much closer to the mountains and has superior skiing. alta, snowbird, solitude and brighton are only about 20 miles away. you can take a public city bus for a couple dollars and be there in 45 minutes. as a city, denver has more to offer, but the mountains and skiing are much closer in salt lake.
What if you dont care about the skiing? All though denver isnt right under SLCs 10,000ft mountains...Denver has plenty of skiing that is close by. An hour away from the actual city of denver, its only 2 hours away from one of the best skiing destinations in the USA! The skiing may be superior next to SLC but it cant touch those of The ones near denver Lol, but thats just what I think.

Old 11-30-2010, 05:46 PM

7,142 posts, read 8,856,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
Sorry but that sounds like a Ski Utah commercial. If it is that important, you can take an RTD bus for a couple of dollars and be skiing in the same amount of time. Most people however, who spend big bucks on lift tickets, prefer to drive a little farther up for better skiing. Thats personal preference though, and Colorado has more world class ski areas then probably anywhere in the world.

So its really a non-issue for everyone, except for maybe hard core ski bums. Who should probably be living near the slopes anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or