U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 06:31 PM

676 posts, read 2,538,629 times

Advertisements

I think it is... I know quite a few people from my office that actually commute from both longmont and firestone... I don't know why but they do. 45 minutes to an hour is not so bad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 06:49 PM

355 posts, read 2,221,791 times
Haha, where do you work? I'm looking for a new job in Denver. Ha, jk, of course!

That's crazy...it takes me 40 minutes to drive from Longmont to Westminster every day for work--and I hate it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveco. View Post
I think it is... I know quite a few people from my office that actually commute from both longmont and firestone... I don't know why but they do. 45 minutes to an hour is not so bad

Old 11-04-2007, 07:18 PM

Wow that seems a bit long. I work in the Denver Tech Center, roughly Bellview and I25. One guy leaves his house around 5 and it takes him an hour. I don't see how it would take 40 minutes to get to westminster that seems a bit long.. Do you take e470?

Old 11-04-2007, 07:30 PM

271 posts, read 1,251,209 times
Longmont is an exurb, not a suburb.

I commute the other direction (Westminster to Longmont) and it takes about 30 minutes. 470/NW Parkway are not very useful for this particular commute.

Old 11-04-2007, 07:40 PM

For the most part that is the same thing.. But for the most part the people that live there most likely commute to denver for work making it part of the metro area

Old 11-04-2007, 07:55 PM

Actually, no. Most people I know that live there either work in Longmont or Boulder. It's a suburb of Boulder. Commuting to Denver seems to be a small part of the work force. Thus, it's an exurb of Denver.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:09 PM

LOL, no, I don't even really know where E-470 is, I work off 36.

No, I take the round-about way thru Boulder to 36 to Wesminster--to avoid the hellish traffic that I found out is 287 thru Lafayette, Erie, etc-which is a shorter distance, but a horrible drive. The first time I tried that, it took me over an hour to get to work--too much traffic & stoplights.

Yeah, in my job search, it seems that that is where most of the jobs I found are--Denver or south Denver or Englewood. There must be a lot of companies down there & by the Tech Center (granted I've never been down there as you can tell)---I'll be moving to SE Denver. I'm dying to find a job within 10-15 miles away from my new place. I hate my job & definitely know that the drive from Denver to Westminster on the 270, I-70 stretch from what I've heard is always hell in the morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveco. View Post
Wow that seems a bit long. I work in the Denver Tech Center, roughly Bellview and I25. One guy leaves his house around 5 and it takes him an hour. I don't see how it would take 40 minutes to get to westminster that seems a bit long.. Do you take e470?

Old 11-05-2007, 11:34 PM

287 has seriously directional peak traffic, and unfortunately, you commute in the peak direction. I am surprised it's faster for you to take the Diagonal to Boulder and then 36 to Westminster.. the Diagonal is also very directional in its peak traffic.. and in the same way 287 is... southbound in the morning and northbound in the evening. I remember commuting to Longmont from Boulder and seeing huge backups going the other direction. It's not quite as bad on 287 though, at least from what I remember.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new-to-CO View Post
LOL, no, I don't even really know where E-470 is, I work off 36.

No, I take the round-about way thru Boulder to 36 to Wesminster--to avoid the hellish traffic that I found out is 287 thru Lafayette, Erie, etc-which is a shorter distance, but a horrible drive. The first time I tried that, it took me over an hour to get to work--too much traffic & stoplights.

Yeah, in my job search, it seems that that is where most of the jobs I found are--Denver or south Denver or Englewood. There must be a lot of companies down there & by the Tech Center (granted I've never been down there as you can tell)---I'll be moving to SE Denver. I'm dying to find a job within 10-15 miles away from my new place. I hate my job & definitely know that the drive from Denver to Westminster on the 270, I-70 stretch from what I've heard is always hell in the morning!
There are many companies down in DTC I think the area has the second highest office space area in the state outside of downtown. If you move to SE Denver then commuting should be a breeze since downtown and the DTC are both a short trip away. Have you ever considered a move to broomfield? Maybe a easier drive and I think that town is a nice burb also.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:01 PM

Nope, I'm ready to get out of the 'burbs!!! I got a nice apt lined up in Denver that I'm excited about. Yeah, I'm concerned about finding a job possibly in the DTC area because of the high traffic I always hear about on the news. I'm going to be right next to the Lowry area--that may not exactly be SE Denver but that's what it says online for my apts How bad is the traffic? Would a 10-mile commute be equal to an hour drive or something crazy like that? What kind of companies are in the DTC area? May sound like a dumb question, but I've never been down there.

QUOTE=steveco.;1924824]There are many companies down in DTC I think the area has the second highest office space area in the state outside of downtown. If you move to SE Denver then commuting should be a breeze since downtown and the DTC are both a short trip away. Have you ever considered a move to broomfield? Maybe a easier drive and I think that town is a nice burb also.[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or