U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 09:38 AM

13 posts, read 17,062 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone
I know there is many many threads on similar question and I want to assure I had read them all. I really need some advice thats more personal from people who live in Denver or mayby people who made similar move.
First some info on us, me - the girl is 28 I work in dental assisting so I assume I could find job in almost any area of Denver- at least on craigslist there is plenty. My hubby is 32 and he is medical professional working with MRI.We will be moving from Evanston ,IL which has small european city feel where you can walk to get your groceries to a bars / restaurants/movies and many many more. We are both caucasian and originally from europe too.
We enjoy skiing/snowboarding/biking/fishing/ we like what all the lakes bring little beaches swimming fishing etc etc.
So far my reasarch has pointed me towards Cherry creek,littleton,highlands ranch,golden, castle rock,washington park.
We are looking for a neighborhood with people in 30s,no college kids ( at least not so many no offense )
we would like to eventually get a dog as well. Our rent limit will be somewhere in 1000-1200 and we are looking for 1-2 beds with washer/dryer and garage if possible ( the ones with community pool and fireplace on craiglists look awesome too but not sure if they are in a good area )
we don't necessarily look for small town feel but if some small stores are nearby it will save on driving,also some small body of water for walks will be nice.
If anyone can advise some area thats safe and will match us I will greatily appreciate it
all the best guys ! We cant wait to move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 10:16 AM

14,046 posts, read 20,375,828 times
Default Ymmv

FBI stats show violent crime drop in Denver, but police say crime rose - The Denver Post

Old 06-05-2013, 10:44 AM

556 posts, read 1,038,562 times
Sloan's lake.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:23 AM

48 posts, read 87,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neysaa View Post
Hi Everyone
So far my reasarch has pointed me towards Cherry creek,littleton,highlands ranch,golden, castle rock,washington park.
We are looking for a neighborhood with people in 30s,no college kids ( at least not so many no offense )
we would like to eventually get a dog as well. Our rent limit will be somewhere in 1000-1200 and we are looking for 1-2 beds with washer/dryer and garage if possible ( the ones with community pool and fireplace on craiglists look awesome too but not sure if they are in a good area )
we don't necessarily look for small town feel but if some small stores are nearby it will save on driving,also some small body of water for walks will be nice.
If anyone can advise some area thats safe and will match us I will greatily appreciate it
all the best guys ! We cant wait to move!
Scratch off Highlands Ranch and Castle Rock, they are both large, very car dependant, suburbs, you won't be able to walk to too many places there.
Scratch off Cherry Creek, and Wash Park due to rent limit.

I would add Sloan's Lake, Berkeley, Highland as better options for the rent, quality of live, and neighborhood requirements you have.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:24 AM

6,961 posts, read 6,570,070 times
Cherry Creek, Wash Park, and Golden are all out of your budget.

Old 06-05-2013, 12:26 PM

13 posts, read 17,062 times
Thank you all. Neighborhood doesnt have to be walk to everywhere but definetly that option will be preffered. I will look up the new options you gave me - thank you again lots !

Just being curious what is the average rent in wash park,cherry creek and golden for 1 bedroom apartment ? Thank you again for your great tips and fast response

Last edited by Mike from back east; 06-05-2013 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: Merged 2:1

Old 06-05-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neysaa View Post
Thank you all. Neighborhood doesnt have to be walk to everywhere but definetly that option will be preffered. I will look up the new options you gave me - thank you again lots !

Just being curious what is the average rent in wash park,cherry creek and golden for 1 bedroom apartment ? Thank you again for your great tips and fast response
This is not quite as easy a question to answer as it might seem. The problem is more with inventory than price. Wash Park is mostly bungalow houses and Cherry Creek is mostly town homes. There are not very many 1 bedroom apartments in these areas. If they do come up, I would imagine they go incredibly quickly and maybe in the $1500-$2000 range, but again they mostly don't exist.

Golden is a different animal. It is a city, not a neighborhood. There are certainly parts of Golden, especially on the east that you can find something in your price range, but in my opinion these parts of Golden are just suburban sprawl and probably not what you are looking for. Areas near downtown Golden are again going to be mostly older houses and not many 1br apartments.

The reason I said they were out of your price range is that 2br homes in Wash Park and Cherry Creek (and I think in central Golden, but my knowledge of the real estate in that area is a bit more limited) are starting at north of $2,000.

I should add that most of the 1br situations I have seen in Wash Park are houses that are split in to apartments. 1br basement apartment as an example. There are a couple buildings in West Wash Park that may have 1brs, but again everything goes so fast anymore.

Last edited by SkyDog77; 06-05-2013 at 03:50 PM..

Old 06-05-2013, 05:48 PM

25 posts, read 57,759 times
We are in the same general demographic/stage of life, and just rented a nice one-bedroom apartment near Cheeseman Park for $1200. Very walkable/bikeable, great amenities, a bit quieter than further west in Capital Hill.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyRugby View Post
We are in the same general demographic/stage of life, and just rented a nice one-bedroom apartment near Cheeseman Park for $1200. Very walkable/bikeable, great amenities, a bit quieter than further west in Capital Hill.
That's a great area and sounds like a good price.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:57 PM

14,046 posts, read 20,375,828 times
Default Grammar Nazi Alert

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyRugby View Post
Capital Hill.
Capitol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or