U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 01:10 PM

63 posts, read 465,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
I loved the Cherry Cricket's hamburgers, but hated the cigarette smoke.
That must be all gone now with the smoking ban? I always liked the Cricket because it was so *not* Cherry Creek. They had good Greek salads, too. (And I could walk there for St Patrick's Day)

I agree with Aix for a date night, you had to get there early before they ran out of entrees but it was really, really good food, more expensive than Le Central, but we always seemed to like it better.

Some of my favorite Italian food was at Lucca d'Italia (across from Benny's) and Pagliacci's on west 33rd. Going to Pagliacci's always reminded me of my childhood in New York. The minestrone is incredible.
Thanks for the suggestion, coming from a real New Yorker I am going to have to trust that recomendation. Thanks again!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2007, 01:55 PM

16 posts, read 70,651 times
Default Mexican food

I cant stand benny's and bluebonnet. Santiago's is good cheap mexican, Senor burrito on first and broadway, and the best real mexican is on 32 and navajo, cant remember name. They dont have the standard american burrito fare, but their food is amazing and authentic. Illegal Pete's downtown is good for burrito's, but the quality has gone down as of late.

Old 11-08-2007, 03:05 AM

13,382 posts, read 40,941,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantian82 View Post
I cant stand benny's and bluebonnet. Santiago's is good cheap mexican, Senor burrito on first and broadway, and the best real mexican is on 32 and navajo, cant remember name. They dont have the standard american burrito fare, but their food is amazing and authentic. Illegal Pete's downtown is good for burrito's, but the quality has gone down as of late.
Taqueria Patzcuaro? I think it has already been mentioned here.
It has been a "hidden" (everyone knows about it) treasure for years.

There are those who are Benny's devotees, and those who can't stand it.
There are so many different kinds of Mexican food. At this point, identifying the real deal can be debateable. My SoCal relatives, who have eaten their share of Mexican food *in* Mexico, did give the "autentico" seal of approval to the mole at the Satire on Colfax.
I guess everyone tries different places until they find one that consistently works for them. Benny's always worked for us, and it was close by, too.

Marie, I hope you like Lucca's and Pagliacci's as much as I did.
Those restaurants are very different from each other, but I enjoyed the food (and ambience) of both.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:58 PM

260 posts, read 1,332,598 times
I like stopping at Beau Jo's pizza in Idaho Springs. A great place to be stuck instead of on I-70 in traffic.

For a wonderful breakfast, try Great Beginnings off Lincoln Ave ... or try Mimi's Cafe near Park Meadows.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:12 PM

676 posts, read 2,544,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.adams View Post
I like stopping at Beau Jo's pizza in Idaho Springs. A great place to be stuck instead of on I-70 in traffic.

For a wonderful breakfast, try Great Beginnings off Lincoln Ave ... or try Mimi's Cafe near Park Meadows.
ugh beau jo's? Barf barf barf you can get better pizza in the freezer section at safeway.. and whats up with the honey on the crust? On the other hand Mimi's is amazing for breakfast and they have really good muffins. Also try the egg and i in greenwood village. They have these granola pancakes that are awesome!

Old 11-08-2007, 11:28 PM

636 posts, read 2,093,796 times
Does Chubbies still exist in Lodo? That place does (or did) make about the best Mexican food I have ever consumed.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:26 AM

I admit Beau Joes is a little different and perhaps not for everyone. But the honey on the crusts IS good. Personally, I like Old Chicago a lot better.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:00 AM

676 posts, read 2,544,371 times
I like old chicago too. But whats really good is some Anthony's cheese pizza! Its huge and amazing. And best part is on tuesdays you get a slice and a drink for 3 bucks I think. Im drooling all over my keyboard just thinking about it.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:39 AM

10,920 posts, read 29,428,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveco. View Post
I like old chicago too.
I like the Italian Nachos. It's my "after contract acceptance" place to celebrate. Yes, I bring the clients.

I am on the wall at the Lakewood store - When we first moved here our condo was three blocks from that location - we'd eat $1 pizza (after 10pm) and drink beer and chase the rabbits all the way home.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:17 AM

Anthony's IS really good -- different from Old Chicago. If you like huge slices of thin crust pizza -- Anthony's. If you want thicker pizza (and more varieties of toppings) on homemade thicker roll-mix type crust ... then Old Chicago. If you like very exotic toppings and Monster sized crust -- then Beau Jo's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or