Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2013, 08:35 PM

1 posts, read 2,377 times

Advertisements

Hello all. I currently live in central Denver, near Wash Park. In theory the area should be perfect for me: I'm single, young (29), no kids, a dog-lover, liberal and somewhat hipster-y. However, I've found it quite difficult to make friends in the area. I'm college-educated, but I'm in the midst of changing career paths and I'm not what you might consider a yuppie. I guess I need some advice, and forgive me if this question has already been asked and answered ad nauseam, but if it has I have not found the answer I'm looking for.

I do love Colorado, and I enjoy living in a vibrant, diverse, fairly urban area. But I'm also looking for a bit more of a sense of community. I'm looking for a place where independent bookstores and coffee shops exist, but where neighbors also know each other and there's a sense of community. Safety is important, but it's not the most crucial factor for me. Schools are not a factor for me, and home prices/rent isn't really, either.

I'm basically looking between central Denver, where I currently live, and the following:

NW Denver (I know it's fairly diverse, which is a plus for me, but otherwise I don't know what it's really like to live here)
Littleton (the area around Santa Fe, specifically, seems to have a sense of character, as well as some quaint, older businesses and homes; further west it's a little too cookie-cutter and suburban for my liking)
Golden (I don't know if it's the best choice for someone young and single, but parts of it are simply gorgeous and idyllic)
Boulder (I love Boulder to the moon and back, but of all the places mentioned it's the priciest, and even though money isn't really that much of an issue, it's a factor nonetheless; still, is living there all it's cracked up to be?)

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 03:20 AM

2,289 posts, read 2,945,461 times
You are looking for the right neighborhood for you and only you can tell what is the right neighborhood for you.

The good news is that you are local, so it won't be that hard to figure out. Pick the one you think is the best and start hanging out there. Take the dog for a walk (or just yourself), eat at the local restaurants, etc.

Old 06-25-2013, 09:32 AM

17,711 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Join https://nextdoor.com/
I belong to the Berkeley one and with 194 members and growing, I find it to be very good at encouraging neighborly interaction.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:45 PM

1 posts, read 886 times
What neighborhood did you pick??

Old 09-11-2017, 08:49 PM

17,711 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbk734 View Post
What neighborhood did you pick??
The OP was a one off 4 years ago. Do not expect reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver