Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 08:14 AM

403 posts, read 759,217 times

Advertisements

I do not have any clue about laws and distribution of beer...I just enjoy a cold one every now and then. I was trying to help out the OP. It wasn't my intention to get a local business in trouble in my town.

It was a few months ago that I purchased it when I was entertaining friends from PA. I too grew up on the east coast and my sister went to college in PA so I know the brand well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 08:24 AM

977 posts, read 1,327,767 times
Yuengling is a great beer that you, unfortunately, can't find in CO. It's a good step above Coors Original and leaps and bounds above that **** called Budweiser. You can find a good number of American red lagers similar to Yuengling's that are local. Fort Collins Brewery does one and so does, surprisingly, Coors out of their small-batch line.

Then there's that bean-town Sam Adam's one.....

Old 07-24-2013, 09:32 AM

34 posts, read 138,202 times
I also recently moved here from the east coast and I'm pleased that I can find beer from Victory Brewery here in Co. Unlike Yuengling, Victory is a very good quality beer. I watched them spread throughout southeastern Pa and now I find them in south Florida and here in Colorado. Yuengling, in my opinion is a cheap low quality beer with horrible owners. If you like it and disagree with me that's fine. My advise to you is to explore all the different beer offered here in Colorado but not in Pa. There are more micro beers here than anywhere I've ever been and most of what I've tried is pretty impresive. I found a really nice store in Westminster called Total Beverage. Check out their website and give them a call about Yuengling if that's what you're after.

On a different note, why isn't Total Wine & More in Colorado? That place is amazing.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:55 AM

1,072 posts, read 1,945,733 times
Geez Speem, I just brought you 6 cases!

Are they gone already?

Old 07-24-2013, 11:18 AM

205 posts, read 820,911 times
You can't get Yuengling out here. We tried to brew a clone of it in May, and it's similar, but not quite correct, we'll probably try again in a few months. I don't think there is a lowish alcohol (4.4%) pale lager brewed with corn anywhere around Denver. I've been looking. I'd love any suggestions!!

I do have a case of it here in Denver though, I always ask for it when people drive or fly out.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:49 PM

6,791 posts, read 9,337,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiepuss View Post
Yuengling, in my opinion is a cheap low quality beer with horrible owners.
Why are the owners horrible?

Old 07-24-2013, 05:52 PM

364 posts, read 559,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Drink Coors instead, difference is minimal IMHO.

Why don't you try out some of the great craft beers that Colorado has to offer?
Coors is similar to Yuengling Lager? Do you drink beer?

Old 07-24-2013, 06:24 PM

11,477 posts, read 11,550,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speem View Post
I am from the East Coast and saw a posting on craigslist from Yuengling Lager.

https://post.craigslist.org/manage/3905484715

I went to a liquor store to find it and could not. Does anybody know a liquor store in the Denver metro area that sells Yuengling Lager? It is a great beer, but nobody at the stores seems to know of it.
A great beer?

Old 07-24-2013, 09:23 PM

34 posts, read 138,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Why are the owners horrible?
Their employees were union and trust me they weren't getting rich working in that brewery. Several years ago the owner threatened to close the brewery and open somewhere else unless they decertified the union. The workers bought into their threats and gave in. After they lost their representation they were immediately rewarded with a pay cut, cuts in benefits and charged for their health insurance. All that while the cost of living kept going up. I should also mention they were a profitable company while all this went on without any financial difficulties. I lived close to Pottsville, Pa. so I remember this well.

Really, with all the incredible micro brews in CO. who has time for Yuengling?

Old 07-24-2013, 10:31 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,493,695 times
Yuengling is only good to those on the East coast that drink a lot of that Euro trash Leffe and Stella stock.

In Denver, Yuengling would be on the level of a Rolling Rock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver