Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 05:34 PM

136 posts, read 459,960 times

Advertisements

Reunion is one of the closest neighborhoods to DIA. Very safe and community oriented with a couple of very nice parks with trails for running etc. Some of the condo's off of 104th and Tower Rd are two bedroom units which you could afford if you up your budget a few hundred or look into getting a roomate. There is a brand new King Soopers in the neighborhood (2 mins away) and Super Target, Home Depot and other assorted big box stores and restaurants up at Prairie Center (15 mins away).

The only drawback to consider, if you are looking for a young vibrant social scene it's somewhat far from downtown and the bars, restaurants etc. (i.e. the more lively) parts of Denver; but if being in a safe area close to the airport is your primary objective, it's worth a look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 09:01 PM

1,068 posts, read 1,435,312 times
Great ideas, thanks all very much!

I'll definitely look into Airportsville (hilarious) and Reunion.

The idea of being close to the awesome city of Denver is very appealing but is a tad above my price range. For now

Old 08-17-2013, 11:37 PM

83 posts, read 149,966 times
Definitely Stapleton. Green Valley Ranch is only safe for the fat chicks.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:48 AM

352 posts, read 711,978 times
Wherever you're looking, it'd be nice if the apartment you came back to late at night had an attached garage so you could raise the door, get in, close the door then get into your place.

Late at night anywhere you have to park then walk to your apartment I would think would be the most unsafe part of your drive home.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by contiempo View Post
Definitely Stapleton. Green Valley Ranch is only safe for the fat chicks.
This cracked me up )))

Seriously though, I didn't mean it to sound like that. In a hindsight I should've thought of a different name for the thread. Sorry!

What I meant is that a 5'1'' thing that looks like a teen walking home alone at night is a pretty easy target for the bad guys out there.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushhournewb View Post
Wherever you're looking, it'd be nice if the apartment you came back to late at night had an attached garage so you could raise the door, get in, close the door then get into your place.

Late at night anywhere you have to park then walk to your apartment I would think would be the most unsafe part of your drive home.
Great idea! Are there any apartment complexes that have an attached garage, or would it have to be a townhouse though?

Old 08-18-2013, 05:55 PM

352 posts, read 711,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavia84 View Post
Great idea! Are there any apartment complexes that have an attached garage, or would it have to be a townhouse though?
In big apartment complexes the norm is for a garage to be detached, out in a row of garages but I have been to complexes that indeed had attached garages. Be specific in your search if that's what you're looking for. Not just "parking spaces" or "garages available".

Old 08-18-2013, 07:04 PM

254 posts, read 512,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebarnes View Post
Maybe Lowery.
Lowry, not Lowery. (I know DB knows this, I am just trying to clarify for the OP in case this causes confusion.)

Old 08-19-2013, 07:48 AM

618 posts, read 1,362,665 times
I think Stapleton is a really good option. DTC would be too far away. Brighton and Lochbuie are good options if you want cheaper and close to the airport, but there is a lot less to do out that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver