Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 10:01 PM

2 posts, read 5,325 times

Advertisements

Maybe it's because the Cowboys rolled him in the Superbowl back in 76?? Just kidding. Actually a prof. of mine is from Denver and is always talking bad about people from texas, california, and the South in general. They do seem to have an attitude but I am sure it's all in good fun.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:29 AM

26 posts, read 198,730 times
Default Californians rule!

Seriously, as everyone stated it is way blown out of perspective. Basically, people from Colorado are fine with it, not that it would really matter because we far out number them! And, we will be coming more and more! I keep telling people here that the mass migration is on and be careful or your state will be full of us road rage addicts, crazy drivers and inconsiderate neighbors. I often tease Bronco fans when they go to games either via the rails or by bus that I always go with the other team.

Colorado isn't necessarily more beautiful! California has the ocean, mountains, deserts and other areas to see. In California, Mt. Whitney is taller than any other of the 31 or so peaks in this state that are over 14,000 feet. But, where Colorado lacks in overall excitement, they more than make up in general courtesy, respect, intelligence, real neighbors, lack of any serious traffic problems, good schools, and most of all to a Californian like me, great housing costs!!!!

Old 11-06-2006, 03:07 PM

1,280 posts, read 4,291,836 times
I'm a born and raised Texan and we went to Lake City, CO every summer for most of my childhood. I do remember a few times when people would walk away from me if they found out I was from Texas, but it didn't happen often.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:47 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
city girl, i graduated from ut in the 70's and headed straight for denver. people were not as pc in those days and more than one human resources person told me they didn't hire people from texas. i finally found a job at the library and toughed it out for two years before going home. wellllllll, i couldn't forget those mountains and all the fun. i'm baaaccck and boy are things different. i had totally forgotten about all that stuff until i saw your post. don't worry, all that is the past. i can honestly say i have not had one single comment. now days, my best friend from california and i tease each other a lot (lol). come on up or over, it's all good. the people in colorado are wonderful.

Old 11-16-2006, 09:18 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,267,886 times
Most of the historical resentment toward Californians stems from the fact that many transplants bring the problems they tried to leave behind with them, such as inflated housing prices, overcrowding, and high taxes.

It's not intentional, but that's just how it tends to happen.

Most folks in Colorado that I've met, though, tend to judge people based on who they are, not where they're from. I've never heard of anyone being treated unfairly simply because they were from "that place."

Old 11-16-2006, 07:20 PM

616 posts, read 3,004,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
Most of the historical resentment toward Californians stems from the fact that many transplants bring the problems they tried to leave behind with them, such as inflated housing prices, overcrowding, and high taxes.
I'd add trying to politically make CO like CA.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:30 AM

50 posts, read 168,978 times
Default Denverites not like Texans?

I have been reading a lot on Denver because my husband is getting transfered there for a job, but have heard a lot of negative comments about Texans. We are from the Dallas area and I have been reading a lot of comments about how people in Colorado don't like Texans? Any truth and why?

Old 12-09-2007, 10:57 AM

26,212 posts, read 49,038,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhc0607 View Post
...... Any truth and why?
No, not really. Old nonsense, like football rivalries. From prior threads on this same topic, there has been some resentment that some Texans may behave badly at ski resorts or whatever, but in general, don't worry a bit about it.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:06 AM

1,618 posts, read 6,616,483 times
Check out direct post:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/1700006-post25.html

Go for yourself and don't worry about others. Don't take negative comments to heart if it happens. remember its all by experience but it seems people always think more of the BAD then the GOOD in the memory bank (the brain / my mom is good at that )... These forums. lol

Old 12-09-2007, 12:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
People tend to be much more friendly to outsiders one on one than when discussing them as a group. In other words, someone may profess to hate Texans, but be nice to you. That's sort of a backhanded compliment (such as I've heard, "You're OK for an easterner"), but over time, it gets the point across to them that everyone should be seen as an individaul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver