Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 07:07 AM

85 posts, read 126,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
With 3M people living in the greater Denver area, and few trying to leave, the weather is not a factor to worry about.
It is for me. It's my number one reason for wanting to move away from Wisconsin, and I am really picky about my weather. My husband doesn't really like moving (and it can be a pain with careers), so I'm trying to find the right place the first time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2013, 09:21 AM

245 posts, read 708,493 times
We moved for the weather - To get away from the cold WI winters. Surprisingly, now I say the best reason to move away is to get away from WI summers !

For first time, we can actually be outside without getting bitten to death by mosquitoes or have to stay indoors due to humidity and heat. Mild winters in Denver are just icing on the cake

Old 09-10-2013, 10:08 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Denver Halloween Snow Statistics Through 2009 (1954-2009, 56 Halloweens)

Low (5-8 PM): 18
High " : 63
Average high: 42.2

Days below 32 (5-8 PM): 9
Days above 60: 1
Days of 23 Degrees C (73.4 F) at 5 PM: 0

Days with snow: 10
Since I've lived here (2005), only one Halloween stands out as cold. None have had snow (one did have a little left over snow from a few days before Halloween), but I think we're due for a cold, miserable, snowy Halloween this year. I hope I'm wrong.

Old 09-10-2013, 10:19 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,729,686 times
^^According to the link, both 2006 and 2007 had temps in the 30s during Trick or Treat time. I've seen snow on the ground, snow coming down, and sometimes snow just hanging around from a snow within the past couple days of Halloween. I always made the costumes to fit over the ski jacket. The kids didn't always need such a heavy jacket, but they did many a year.

I too have a feeling about this year.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:52 PM

254 posts, read 513,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic111 View Post
wear raincoats Never
It rained on Monday (a couple of inches in some places), today and likely every day through Saturday of this week. On average we receive 16 inches of rain a year - half as much as many areas in WI. I recommend an umbrella. Often when it rains here, it rains for a very short period of time and the rain is often heavy in that short period of time, so a raincoat could be useful.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:29 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainK View Post
It rained on Monday (a couple of inches in some places), today and likely every day through Saturday of this week. On average we receive 16 inches of rain a year - half as much as many areas in WI. I recommend an umbrella. Often when it rains here, it rains for a very short period of time and the rain is often heavy in that short period of time, so a raincoat could be useful.

Saw a couple of people wearing raincoats yesterday.
I wore mine today.

Raincoats are cool.

OP, I think that the only thing that can be said with any assurance about Denver weather is that, hot or cold, it will be sunny more days than not.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:33 AM

Okay, I think I'm getting the idea. So if the weather is so variable, is that between days? Between weeks? Or within a day?? I mean, if it's 50 degrees on a winter day, do people still bring their winter coat when they leave the house because it could be needed later? Or can you go out in a sweatshirt and not worry about it again until the next day?

Old 09-13-2013, 07:40 AM

11,477 posts, read 11,555,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roonil View Post
Okay, I think I'm getting the idea. So if the weather is so variable, is that between days? Between weeks? Or within a day?? I mean, if it's 50 degrees on a winter day, do people still bring their winter coat when they leave the house because it could be needed later? Or can you go out in a sweatshirt and not worry about it again until the next day?
As a rule, i would say between days but we can start out with a nice morning and have an afternoon storm roll in. That is definitely not unheard of. It is really quite pleasant most of the time.

I'm sure you've seen all of the flooding on the news right now. They are saying this may be a 500 year event. September is usually one of our sunniest and driest months.

Old 09-13-2013, 10:44 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roonil View Post
Within any given day we can have 20-30 degree (sometimes more) shifts in temperatures.

What generally happens is that it is cool/cold/very cold in the morning and considerably warmer in the afternoon so you may want a coat in the morning and not need it by the time you leave work. The warmest time of the day here is usually mid-to-late afternoon, although every once in a great while we may get one of those inverse temp days where the temperature drops precipitously during the day.
Doesn't happen very often.

This week has been rather extreme with the rain and all - we had temps in the 90s on Sunday and are in the upper 50s/low 60s right now, but, we are due to be back up into the 80s next week, which is considered "normal" for September here.
Of course, snow in October is considered "normal" too, so...

Old 09-13-2013, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
I'm sure you've seen all of the flooding on the news right now. They are saying this may be a 500 year event. September is usually one of our sunniest and driest months.
Yeah, that is so crazy! I actually don't have cable so I don't watch the news, but my friend lives in Boulder, and she was telling me about it! Hope you guys are all doing okay out there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver