Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 03:08 PM

2 posts, read 2,367 times

Advertisements

Hello, i am a 20 year old marketing student from the Netherlands and i need some advice from students/residents of Denver!
In march i will start a 3 month internship at a certain ski company and because of that i need some advice about somethings:

1 housing:
not to expensive and it must be close to kalamath street (near the auraria campus).

2 Denver:
What is Denver like? nice people? nightlife? expensive? such things.

3 Freeskiing:
People who freeski?

I would really like some help because this is something really important to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 01:58 PM

47 posts, read 92,765 times
Hmm... I haven't heard of any "cheap" housing anywhere near the Auraria campus. It's a pretty expensive area. Have you considered living somewhere a little cheaper near a light rail station? The rail has stops on both sides of the Auraria campus. That gives you more options in terms of housing.

Denver is laid-back, with a pretty healthy nightlife. Because you're under 21, I can't really comment on specific "scenes". The cost of living in Denver is subjective; some think it is expensive, some think it's middle of the road. It depends on your definition of expensive. It's definitely going up.

Someone else is going to have to jump in on the freeskiing thing. Not up my alley. :-)

Old 09-12-2013, 03:47 AM

2 posts, read 2,367 times
Default Thank you

Thank you, i will search for other cheaper area's with good acces to the light rail, didn't really think of that.
Nightlife isn't accesable at all under 21 or??
and which area would you suggest?

Old 09-13-2013, 02:16 PM

47 posts, read 92,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That Intern View Post
Nightlife isn't accesable at all under 21 or??
and which area would you suggest?
There's definitely nightlife for the under 21 crowd, but I'm just not that familiar with it (too old these days to comment ). I would suggest combing through resources like Denver News and Events | Westword. I know there are several dance clubs that have 18+ nights, depending on what you're into.

As far as areas to look for housing, I would start with the light rail map: RTD and look along those routes. Also, remember that biking, walking or taking the good old fashioned bus are all great options. If you're willing to do these, you could easily live in Capitol Hill or surrounding areas. They are much cheaper than anything near Auraria. Do you have a budget in mind?

Edit: http://www.westword.com/directory/clubs/ This is Westword's bar/club directory.

Last edited by Ageinco; 09-13-2013 at 02:32 PM.. Reason: Extra Link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Denver